|Previous news story Next news story|
Dpreview is hiring - mobile developer
Take the lead in designing highly usable and aesthetically beautiful mobile applications for the world's #1 photography website, Digital Photography Review (dpreview.com). dpreview is looking for a software developer to not only make our site accessible on mobile devices, but to be the premier destination for all things photography on phones and tablets. To find out more - and to apply - visit the Amazon careers page here.
Mobile Developer, dpreview (Seattle, WA)
Take the lead in designing highly usable and aesthetically beautiful mobile applications for the world’s #1 photography website, Digital Photography Review (dpreview.com). dpreview is looking for a software developer to not only make our site accessible on mobile devices, but to be the premier destination for all things photography on phones and tablets.
The applications you design will see heavy usage upon release, so this is a unique opportunity to see your hard work on display for a passionate community of photographers and photography gadget geeks. You’ll work with our current team of developers to get up to speed on our current architecture, and with our editorial staff, to design and implement mobile solutions, that simply put, are awesome.
dpreview is a top-1000 website, owned by Amazon, and originally from the UK. While we use Amazon’s technology and offices, dpreview has its own unique culture, with a small but cohesive team of 8 editorial staff and 4 developers. You’ll feel like you’re at a small startup with minimal oversight and process, but with all the upsides of a big company.
- Lead the design of all dpreview’s mobile applications transforming dpreview into a highly usable news and information resource on all mobile devices
- Work closely with existing dev team to define and evolve the underlying interfaces (.NET) that support your mobile projects
- Work closely with existing developers to implement and innovate on current industry best practices for mobile devices
- Develop in any languages required to create the best possible user experience on mobile devices
- Experience developing and deploying iOS, Android, and/or web applications with examples of published apps, personal or non-personal
- Experience designing web pages for mobile devices
- Passion for creating attractive and highly interactive AJAX based user interfaces
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex mobile solutions that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building innovative web applications and UI
- Ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments
- Experience in multiple server side language / frameworks
- Work well in teams, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts
- Have an interest in photography and camera technology