|Previous news story Next news story|
Olympus introduces SP-610UZ superzoom
Pre-CES 2011: Olympus has announced the SP-610UZ superzoom with 22x(28-616mm equiv.) optical zoom lens. Sporting a 14Mp sensor and 3.0" LCD, it features 720p HD recording, a 3D capture mode, AF Tracking and an HD output. It also includes the latest set of Magic Filters for both stills and videos that include an additional Sparkle and Punk modes in addition to 5 other filters.
GO THE DISTANCE WITH THE
OLYMPUS SP-610UZ 22X WIDE-ANGLE ULTRA-ZOOM
Expand Your Creative Horizons with Magic Filter HD Video,
3D Photos, and In-Camera Panorama with New S-series UZ
CENTER VALLEY, Pa., January 5, 2011 – Olympus today unveils the full-featured SP-610UZ, a lightweight, 22x wide-angle ultra-zoom camera with HD Video capability, delivering the celebrated strengths of this pioneering family of cameras: sophisticated long-zoom, go-anywhere photography. The SP-610UZ packs fun features and superb image quality in a user-friendly camera, providing further proof that Olympus lets you capture it all.
Whether shooting wildlife, a school performance or a soccer game, consumers want powerful zooms without the bulk. The all-black SP-610UZ comes packed with a variety of features that deliver a superior imaging experience far and wide:
- New Magic Filters – make it possible to create special artistic effects in still images and/or movies directly in the camera;
- HD Movie & HDMI™ Control – high-definition video (HD video) delivers a broadcast-quality movie experience when played back on an HDTV;
- 3D Photo Mode – captures two shots of a scene from two different angles to create still photos that can be viewed with the added excitement and realism of 3D.
- Eye-Fi™ Card Compatibility – enables automatic wireless uploading of images to the website or PC of your choice;
- In-Camera Panorama – offers quick and easy panorama shots; and AF Tracking – tracks a moving subject automatically and keeps it in focus for optimal image quality.
The new SP-610UZ combines the zoom power that has made Olympus ultra-zooms famous with fully automatic controls ideal for amateur photographers looking to capture it all at the touch of a button and in-camera Magic Filters for artistic control in a portable body says Jennifer Schmell, product manager, Olympus Imaging America Inc. ―The 22x wide-angle optical zoom on the SP-610UZ is an upgrade to the SP-600UZ, which provided a 15x wide-angle zoom. We're continuing to push the boundaries of what camera optics and software can do for the consumer
Ultra-Powerful Zoom in a Stylish Package
The SP-610UZ packs a 22x wide-angle optical zoom lens into a compact, easy-to-hold body. With an f2.8 (Wide) / f5.6 (Tele) wide-angle lens providing the equivalent of a 28-616mm focal length, users can get closer to the action with zoom performance comparable to that of a 500mm equivalent telephoto lens for Digital Single lens Reflex (DSLR) cameras. The wide-angle lens makes it easy to take a picture of the entire stadium, while the powerful zoom lets you focus on your favorite player. Whether capturing fast-action, life's everyday snapshots or HD videos, this S-series camera provides the versatility to get the job done like never before.
Express Your Inner Artist with New Magic Filter Movie
The SP-610UZ is equipped with in-camera Magic Filters that enable users to enhance and customize images as they're being captured. Have more fun and get more flexibility without expensive and time-consuming computer software. Magic Filter Movie is a new feature that allows you to apply Magic Filters to your high-definition movies, taking them to a new level of artistic expression.
The Magic Filters for stills and HD movies include:
- Pop Art - enhance and saturate colors to create vivid, high-impact pictures that express the joyful, lighthearted feel of the Pop Art style of the 1960s;
- Pin Hole - reduce the peripheral brightness of an image as though it were shot through a pin hole, connecting the viewer intimately with the subject at the center;
- Fish-Eye - emulate the wide-angle of a fish-eye lens by taking extremely wide, hemispherical images and magnifying the center of the frame;
- Soft Focus - encloses the foreground of an image in gentle, pastel colors with a soft, elegant focus; similar to effects achieved in a studio;
- Drawing - turn your image into a sketch outline for children to color; New! Watercolor - transform your images with a finish like that of watercolor paintings;
- New! Sparkle - shoot photos with the luxurious feel of twinkling lights; and
- New! Punk - create two-tone images full of rock-and-roll spirit.
HD Videos and HDMI Control for a Home Theater Experience
The SP-610UZ shoots gorgeous 720p HD video, so you'll always capture the moments you cherish in clear, crisp high-definition at the touch of a button. With HDMI Control, playback also is a breeze. Gone are the days of friends and family huddling around your camera's tiny LCD to see the pictures and movies you just captured. Now, you'll be the hit of the party or any family event when you proudly display your brilliant images and movies on high-definition televisions. Simply connect the camera to an HDTV with an optional HDMI™ cable. With HDMI Control, you can use your HDTV's remote to control playback functions and navigate the camera's menus from the comfort of your couch.
New 3-D Mode
Now you can add even more dimension to your photographs by shooting dynamic 3D photos in any mode from macro to landscape. Recreate a sense of depth like that of the original scene. Simply select the 3D Photo shooting mode, release the shutter for your first shot, slowly pan until the camera automatically takes a second image from a slightly different perspective. The 3D data is processed in-camera resulting in an .MPO file, the universal industry 3D format for easy display on 3D televisions or laptops.
Share Images Instantly with New Eye-Fi Card Compatibility
Ready to upload and share your party images live as they happen? The SP-610UZ is compatible with an optional Eye-Fi SD card, adding Wi-Fi capability so you can automatically upload images to your computer as you take them. Be the life of the social media party by uploading your shots immediately.
1/2.3" Type CCD
• 14M 4288 x 3216
|Movie clips|| 720p , 360p, 180p
640 x 480 @ 30/ 15 fps
320 x 240 @ 15 fps
|Lens|| 22x optical zoom
Focal length 5.0 -110 mm
Focal length (equiv. 35mm) 28 - 616mm
Aperture 3.3 - 5.7
|Digital zoom||Yes 4x|
TTL iESP auto focus with contrast detection
|Focus distance|| Standard mode 0.1m (wide) / 1.8m (tele)
Macro mode 0.1m - (wide) / 1.8m (tele)
Super Macro mode Closest focusing distance: 1 cm
|Exposure compensation|| +/- 2 EV
1/3 EV steps
|Shuttter speed||1/2000 sec. –1/2 sec. (up to 4 sec. in Night Scene mode)|
|Modes|| Intelligent Auto
Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
Magic Filter(Pop Art, Pinhole, Fisheye, Drawing, Soft Focus, Punk, Sparkle, Watercolor)
|Self timer||Yes, 2 or 12 seconds, Pet Auto-shutter|
|Flash Range|| Wide: 0.98ft (0.3m) – 41.0ft (12.5m) at ISO 1600
Tele 5.9ft (1.8m) – 20.7ft (6.3m) at ISO 1600
3.0" / 7.6 cm LCD
|Connectivity|| Mini HDMI Type S=D
Combined A/V & USB output
USB 2.0 compatible
59 MB internal memory
|Power|| 4 AA batteries Alkaline or Ni-MH|
|Battery Life||350 Shots with Alkaline|
|Weight (no batt)||405g|
|Dimensions||107.4 x 72.6 x 73.2mm
4.2"W x 2.9"H x 2.9"D
Olympus 228045 SP-610Uz Digital Camera (Black)
Olympus SP-610UZ 14 MP 3-inch LCD Black Digital Camera 4GB Kit
Olympus SP-610UZ - Digital camera - compact - 14.0 Mpix - optical zoom: 22 x...
Olympus 228046 14 MP Digital Camera
with 22 x Optical Zoom - Black