|Previous news story Next news story|
DxO Labs releases DxO Optics Pro v6.2 for Win & Mac
DxO Labs has updated its DxO Optics Pro raw converter to version 6.2 for Windows and Mac. The latest versions support Canon 550D and Sony Alpha DSLR-A450 in both Standard and Elite editions. The Elite edition also supports the Canon EOS 1D Mark IV and Nikon D3s in its Elite edition and comes with 85 new DxO optical modules. Both OS versions also offer a number of new features including automatic noise reduction setting and a default sharpening preset.
Unrivaled automatic optical corrections of DxO Optics Pro v6.2 now available for Windows and Mac for 2000 lens-camera combinations
Support for Canon 550D and 1D Mark IV, Nikon D3s and Sony A450
Exceptional 30% discount through June 15
May 10, 2010 — DxO Labs announces the immediate availability of DxO Optics Pro v6.2 for Windows and Mac, providing Mac users with powerful RAW conversion and advanced optical corrections, along with a more intuitive interface.
DxO Optics Pro v6.2 now supports Canon 550D and Sony Alpha DSLR-A450 in both its Standard and Elite editions, and the Canon 1D Mark IV and Nikon D3s in its Elite edition.
In addition, 85 new DxO optical modules are now available to DxO Optics Pro users, supporting the following cameras: Canon 350D, 400D, 450D, 500D, 550D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 7D,1D Mark III, 1D Mark IV; Fuji S5 Pro; Nikon D3000, D40X, D50, D60, D90, D700, D3, D3s; Pentax K200D, K-7; and Sony A450. This brings the number of lens-camera combinations supported by DxO Optics Pro to 2000, permitting users to obtain an unequaled precision of optical fault correction.
“The availability of the Canon 1D Mark IV and Nikon D3s cameras that permit access to previously unimaginable ISO settings has represented an enormous opportunity for DxO Optics Pro to utilize its technical expertise. Instead of being considered as 'emergency' settings that produce poor-quality photos, we have been able to demonstrate that photographers can use these very high ISO operational settings on a daily basis to produce outstanding, high-quality images,” explained Cyrille de La Chesnais, DxO Labs' Director of Sales & Marketing for the Photography business.
New features of version 6.2 for Mac users
Version 6 offers Mac users access to:
- The latest noise-suppression technologies, resulting in remarkably high-quality photos at normal ISOs, or even pushing the sensitivity above current limits – up to one or two stops above the usual settings, without noticeable loss of image quality
- Manual optics correction control for lenses that have not yet been calibrated, and supplementary control of high spatial frequencies for greater preservation of details in an image
- A user interface redesigned for easier handling by new users, and optimized work flow for greater productivity for expert and professional photographers
- Support for the following cameras: Pentax K-7, Sony Alpha DSLR-A500, Sony Alpha DSLR-A550, Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 and Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1.
New features of version 6.2 for Mac and Windows users
This version brings to Mac and Windows users many improvements in terms of interface and features, including
- Simplified and improved user interface that makes the software even more intuitive to use;
- A new default preset that offers a better sharpening of the smallest details;
- A new automatic denoising setting that restores even more RAW image details
- XMP data conservation to allow better integration with Adobe Lightroom;
- New and improved shortcuts;
- Improved stability.
Availability and special price
DxO Optics Pro v6.2 for Windows and Mac, both Standard and Elite editions, are immediately available from both DxO Labs' e-store and selected resellers at an exceptional discount until June 15, 2010:
- Standard edition: €99 instead of €149 (for a savings of €50)
- Elite edition: €199instead of €299 (for a savings of €100).
All customers who purchased DxO Optics Pro 5 or 6 after June 1, 2009 are entitled to a free upgrade to version 6.2. All other users benefit from the following discounts until June 15, 2010:
- DxO Optics Pro Standard (any version) to DxO Optics Pro 6 Standard: €49 instead of €69
- DxO Optics Pro Elite (any version) to DxO Optics Pro 6 Elite: €69 instead of €99.
(Prices include sales taxes and VAT.)