|Previous news story Next news story|
Ricoh develops two more lens units for GXR
PMA 2010: Ricoh has announced the development of two more lens modules for its GXR interchangeable unit camera system. First comes the image-stabilized P10 28-300mm equivalent F3.5-5.6 VC zoom unit, with a back-illuminated CMOS sensor and features such as RAW capture and 120 fps high-speed continuous shooting. The company has also said it will create the A12 28 mm equivalent F2.5 prime lens unit, with 12MP APS-C CMOS sensor, a faster 'GR Engine III' processor and manual focus ring.
Ricoh announces the development of two new units for the
GXR interchangeable unit camera system
Tokyo, Japan, February 23, 2010—Ricoh Co., Ltd. (president and CEO: Shiro Kondo) today announced the development of two new camera units for the GXR interchangeable unit camera system introduced on December 18, 2009.
The GXR is a revolutionary new interchangeable unit camera system in which lenses can be changed by mounting camera units that integrate lens, image sensor, and image processing engine into a single unit. In addition, to fully utilize this system's unique ability to accommodate interchangeable units other than camera units, Ricoh is also investigating possibilities for development of a variety of other devices.
This announcement concerns the introduction of the following two new camera units, as an addition to the two camera units introduced at the same time as the GXR body.
Camera unit RICOH LENS P10 28-300 mm F3.5-5.6 VC* (name tentative)*2
- With an original Ricoh noise reduction function and a back-illuminated CMOS sensor, this camera unit expands the photographer's range of expression by making it possible to shoot high-quality images in scenes ranging from low light to bright light.
- Featuring a high-magnification 10.7x (28-300 mm) optical wide-angle zoom, this unit has 120 frame/second high-speed continuous shooting ability plus a wide range of other functional capabilities such as RAW image recording, image settings adjustable to nine levels, multi-target AF, and much more.
- Start of sales planned for the summer of 2010.
Camera unit GR LENS A12 28 mm F2.5 (name tentative)*2
- Featuring a newly developed 28 mm fixed-focal-length GR LENS, this camera unit achieves high resolution and high imaging power.
- A 23.6 mm × 15.7 mm (APS-C size) CMOS sensor is used. The combination of this sensor with the GR ENGINE Ⅲ image processing engine enables the camera unit to shoot high-quality images with smooth tone gradations as well as high definition and low noise.
- There is a manual focus ring that can be used for precise focus adjustments.
- Start of sales planned for the winter of 2010.
We plan to have RICOH LENS P10 28-300 mm F3.5-5.6 VC camera units on display at the CP(+) CAMERA & PHOTO IMAGING SHOW to be held at PACIFICO Yokohama from March 11 (Thu.) to March 14 (Sun.).
*1The "VC" designation indicates that this unit has the vibration correction function developed independently by Ricoh.
*2The names, specifications, and release timing of the above products are subject to change.
All of the lens focal lengths in this release are converted to the equivalent values for a 35 mm film camera.