Kodak unveils Slice touchscreen camera
Jan 6, 2010 at 10:51 GMT
Kodak has announced the 'Slice' touchscreen camera built around a 3.5" LCD. It features a 14MP sensor, 5x optically stabilized zoom lens and will be available in black, nickel and 'radish' colors for US $349.95 from April 2010. It also has internal memory to store 5000 HD-resolution images. The camera' combines its share and face recognition functions to tag pictures directly for easy upload ito popular social networking websites.
KODAK SLICE Touchscreen Camera
Lets You Share and Relive Moments Instantly
“Kodak knows that consumers want the ability to share life’s memories at a moment’s notice, whether it’s pictures that evoke a tear or just the funny everyday moments,” said John Blake, General Manager, Digital Capture and Devices and Vice President, Kodak. “The power of sharing and reliving life’s moments drove the development of our new SLICE Camera. It provides instant access to all of your KODAK Moments, and it’s right at your fingertips.”
Store, Sort and Share with the SLICE Camera
With the ability to store up to 5,000 pictures in HD resolution, the SLICE Camera’s onboard KODAK SLICE Search Feature and Face Recognition allow consumers to sort through thousands of pictures by person, place, date, or occasion in order to locate and share a collection of treasured moments.
The touchscreen and Share Button allow consumers to tag pictures directly on the camera for effortless uploading to popular sharing sites including Facebook, KODAK Gallery, Flickr, and YouTube. Pictures can also be tagged to email or to send directly to the new KODAK PULSE Digital Frame.
KODAK SLICE Touchscreen Camera features include:
- Intuitive 3.5-inch, 16:9 LCD touchscreen with anti-reflective coating
- KODAK SLICE Search Feature and Face Recognition to easily sort, locate and share pictures
- Share Button for easy upload to Facebook, KODAK Gallery, Flickr, YouTube sites and e-mail
- Store up to 5,000 pictures in HD resolution
- Stunning image quality with a 14MP CCD sensor and 5X SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH Lens
- Built-in optical image stabilization
- 720p/30fps HD video capture
- Kodak’s exclusive Smart Capture feature, which analyzes scenes and automatically adjusts camera settings to deliver beautiful pictures more often
- Compatible with PC or APPLE iLife Software
- Li-Ion rechargeable battery included
The KODAK SLICE Touchscreen Camera will be available in black, nickel and radish for US $349.95 MSRP beginning in April 2010. Best Buy will initially be the exclusive retailer for in-store sales. The KODAK SLICE Touchscreen Camera will also be sold online at Amazon.com and Kodak.com.
Kodak is also introducing a case for the SLICE Camera, which was designed in a competition among accessories students at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in New York City. The final case design was chosen by celebrated designer Steve Madden and FIT faculty.
*Colors and availability may vary by region