Canon announces PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II printer
Mar 25, 2009 at 04:00:00 GMT
Canon has also announced the PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II 14 inch professional inkjet printer. Compared to the previous model, the Mark II offers three times faster black and white printing, supports third-party media and includes a new Ambient Light Correction feature. The addition of 16 bits per channel printing offers a wider color gamut (with 276 trillion colors). In addition, a plug-in for Adobe Photoshop is provided that enables Canon EOS users to directly print RAW files without converting to a compressed format. The Pro9000 Mark II is priced at $499 USD (£499).
Professional print quality for discerning photographers: the PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II
Amstelveen, The Netherlands, 25th March 2009: Canon today announces a new way for serious photographers to create professional-quality prints up to A3+ or 14” wide: the PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II. Replacing the PIXMA Pro9000, the PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II refines the design of its predecessor to offer faster, higher-quality monochrome printing, a wider range of supported media, and a new Ambient Light Correction feature.
Print for gallery or portfolio
Taking full advantage of Canon’s rich imaging heritage, the PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II creates vibrant and professional-quality prints. Default printing speeds in monochrome are now nearly three times faster* than before, while accurate colour reproduction across a wide colour gamut is guaranteed by the 8-colour ChromaLife100 Single-Inks system. The addition of 16 bits per channel print capability, with 276 trillion different colours available, offers outstandingly smooth tonal gradations.
Tiny 2pl ink droplets are placed with precision, using Canon’s FINE print head technology. And because the PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II uses a system of single, individually replaceable inks, wastage is minimised.
Media for every occasion
The PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II provides photographers with an extensive choice of print media options. Canon’s own range of media includes Gloss, Semi-gloss and Matte Photo Papers, plus Fine Art medias.
Users can also load the PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II with a variety of specialist, third-party medias – such as Baryta types, canvas, and numerous other Fine Art medias – from leading manufacturers including Canson, Hahnemühle, Innova, PCM Takeo and Pictorico. A flat paper path ensures that medias up to 1.2mm thick remain pristine and crease-free.
Precision colour control
Included with the PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II is Canon’s Easy-PhotoPrint Pro software** – a plug-in for Adobe Photoshop, Canon Digital Photo Professional and the bundled Adobe Photoshop Elements 6. Easy-PhotoPrint Pro allows photographers to batch print different images from Photoshop or Digital Photo Professional, simplifying the procedure by giving access to all the required print settings on one screen.
When used with Canon’s Digital Photo Professional software, the plug-in enables Canon EOS photographers to print directly from RAW files without having to convert images to any intermediate formats. Users of other D-SLR cameras can use Adobe Photoshop Elements to enable RAW file conversion and printing.
New for the PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II is an Ambient Light Correction feature using Canon Kyuanos technology***. Users can select the type of lighting under which a print will be displayed; the colours in the final print are then automatically adjusted to ensure that the displayed result looks just the way the photographer intended.
“Serious photography enthusiasts want their images to look good, wherever they’re used” said Rainer Fuehres, Head of Canon Consumer Imaging, Europe. “The PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II provides a complete one-box solution to that demand.”
Key features: PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II
- A3+ & 14” wide professional inkjet printer
- Up to 4800 x 2400 dpi resolution with 2pl drop size and FINE print head technology
- 8-colour ChromaLife100 Single-Inks system
- Wide range of Canon and third-party media support
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 and Canon Easy-PhotoPrint Pro plug-in software included
- Ambient Light Correction feature
- 16-bits per channel photo printing
- PictBridge compatibility for standalone use
- DVD/CD printing
The PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II is bundled with the following software:
- Canon Easy-PhotoPrint Pro – advanced imaging plug-in for Adobe Photoshop CS/CS2/CS3/CS4/Elements 6.0 and Canon Digital Photo Professional 2.1 or later, allowing PIXMA Pro to be seamlessly integrated into the imaging workflow. Features include:
- RAW image printing (from Canon Digital Photo Professional and Adobe Photoshop Elements)
- Direct access to ICC colour profiles
- Monochrome mode, for printing colour data in black and white, with rich gradation and without colour casts
- Ambient Light Correction, for accurate colour rendition under different lighting conditions (available only on systems running Windows Vista)
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 – powerful, easy-to-use photo editing software which allows users of non-Canon EOS D-SLR cameras to convert and print RAW files.
- Canon Colour Management Tool Pro**** – create custom ICC profiles easily with select X-Rite spectrophotometers
- Canon Easy-PhotoPrint EX – fully integrated user-friendly software for photo printing and creative projects, such as calendars or photo albums.
- CD-LabelPrint – simplifies printing directly onto ink jet printable CDs and DVDs.
The PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II is compatible with Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Mac OS X 10.3.9 to 10.5
* The PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II produces an A3+ bordered print in 9mins30sec on PR-201, versus 27min14sec with the PIXMA Pro9000 on PR-101.
** Canon Easy-Photo Print Pro is compatible with Adobe Photoshop (CS, CS2, CS3, CS4), Canon Digital Photo Profession 2.1, and Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 (included)
*** See Technologies Explained.
**** Only available as download from Canon Europe Website
Up to 4800 x 2400 dpi
|Print Engine||InkJet 8-ink with minimum 2 pl droplet size & FINE print head|
|Photo Lab Quality Speed||A3+: Approx. 83 seconds (Standard) 
|Media Input|| Sheet Feeder: Max. 150 sheets
Front Feeder: 1 sheet
DVD/CD Tray: 1 printable DVD or CD
Sheet Feeder: A3+, A3, B4, A4, B5, A5, Letter, Legal, 25 x 30cm (10 x 12 in), 20 x 25cm (8 x 10 in), 13 x 18cm, 10 x 15cm
Sheet Feeder: 64 to 105 g/m² and supported Canon special media up to 300 g/m²
|Two Sided Printing||Available by manual operation only using plain paper in A3+, A3, A4, B5, A5 & Letter sizes (Windows only)|
|Borderless Printing||Yes (A3+, A3, A4, 36 x 43cm, 25 x 30cm, 20 x 25cm, 13 x 18cm, & 10 x 15cm sizes)|
|Supported Operating System||Windows Vista / Windows XP SP1, SP2 / Windows 2000 Professional SP4, Mac OS X v.10.3.9 - 10.5|
|Software Included||Windows & MAC OS X: Easy-PhotoPrint Pro, Easy-PhotoPrint EX, CD-LabelPrint, Adobe Photoshop Elements 6|
|Interface Type - PC||USB 2.0 Hi-Speed|
|Interface Type - Camera||Direct Print Port: Camera direct photo printing from PictBridge compliant digital cameras & camcorders|
|Power Source||AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz|
|Weight (no batt)||Approx. 1440 g|
660 x 354 x 192mm