|Previous news story Next news story|
Pentax announces ultra-wide angle lens & Teleconverter
Pre-Photokina 2008: Pentax has announced the smc PENTAX DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited* ultra wide angle lens and smc Pentax-DA 1.4X Rear Converter SDM* teleconverter. The lens is the fifth model of the DA limited series and sports an aluminium body. The telecomveter is the first of its kind to work with autofocus mode in Pentax DSLR’s and features the SDM mechanism for quieter and smoother focusing. Both the lens and converter are currently under development, we will update the news as soon as we hear more form Pentax.
PENTAX to Showcase Model Products at Photokina 2008
September 22, 2008 - PENTAX U.K. is pleased to exhibit another interchangeable lens and a rear converter at Photokina 2008. Both items are currently under development for use with PENTAX digital SLR cameras.
Digital-SLR-exclusive unifocal DA Limited-series lens
Product name (tentative): smc PENTAX DA* 15mm F4 ED AL Limited
- Ultra-wide-angle DA* Limited series lens designed for exclusive use with PENTAX digital SLR cameras
- Extremely compact and light construction
- Exclusive design with aluminium body
- Integrated hood
- Fifth model in the popular DA* Limited series, developed as part of PENTAX’s quest for the ultimate in image-description performance
- Scheduled to be marketed in spring 2009
Product name (tentative): smc PENTAX-DA 1.4X REAR CONVERTER SDM
- First rear converter equipped for autofocus operation of PENTAX digital SLR cameras
- SDM mechanism for extra-smooth, super-quiet autofocus operation
- Compatible with conventional (mechanical) autofocus system
- Marketing date to be announced
Note: The product names, designs, specifications and marketing schedules of the products above are not final, and are subject to change without notice. Retail prices have not yet been fixed.