Fujfilm launches budget 'J Series'
Jan 24, 2008 at 05:02 GMT
Pre PMA 2008: Fujifilm has today annouced a new range of affordable FinePix digital cameras. The 'J' Series kicks off with two new models, the J50 and J10. Both sport 8MP CCD sensors, with the J10 a slim 3x zoom compact with a 2.5" screen and the J50 adding a 5x zoom and a slightly larger 2.7 inch LCD. Both feature Li-Ion rechargeable batteries, scene modes and Fujifilm's 'Picture Stabilization' mode (aka high ISO).
Fujifilm introduces new J-series digital camera range at PMA 2008
Affordable new FinePix J10 and J50 combine style and compact design with powerful feature sets
Fujifilm UK today announced the debut of a brand new J Series of digital cameras, with the FinePix J10 and J50. Designed for consumers seeking an affordable digital camera that doesn’t compromise on features, the FinePix J10 and J50 provide powerful, easy to use models that fit into a pocket or handbag for instant accessibility.
Housed in a compact body just 19mm thick, the FinePix J10 incorporates an 8.2 Megapixel CCD sensor, a 2.5” LCD and a 3x Fujinon optical zoom lens. The FinePix J50 takes things a step further, adding a high resolution 2.7”, 230K pixel LCD and a powerful Fujinon 5x optical zoom that provides a 37mm-185mm equivalent focal length range. Despite the larger zoom and screen the FinePix J50’s compact design is remarkably svelte, at only 23mm thick.
The FinePix J10 and J50 are available in either Matt Black or Brushed Silver. There’s also the special edition FinePix J12, which has the same specification as the FinePix J10, but comes in blue and pink. Both models use Fujifilm’s Picture Stabilisation Mode to reduce blurry images that can be caused by camera shake or subject movement especially in low light settings. Automatically choosing the correct light sensitivity and best-matching shutter speed, the FinePix J10 and J50 help to freeze the action and produce the highest-quality digital pictures without the blur and noise often associated with low-light photographs.
Fujifilm’s new J-series models also offer the following attractive features:
- Scene modes: Pre-programmed scene modes provide top-quality photos in a wide-range of shooting conditions. The FinePix J10 has 14 scene modes and the FinePix J50 has 15
- Movie Mode: Capture QVGA quality movie clips at 30 frames per second with sound. Great for when you don’t have your video camera to hand
- xD/SD/SD-HC compatible slot: The FinePix J10 and J50feature an xD/SD compatible slot which accepts not only Fujifilm’s traditional xD-Picture cards but also Secure Digital (SD) and SD-High Capacity/SD-HC cards too
- Battery Life: Long-life rechargeable Li-ion battery for extended shot life
Adrian Clarke, Fujifilm's Director of Digital Products, said: "We set out to produce a range of affordable cameras that didn’t compromise on features or styling. The new FinePix J10 and J50 offer just that; carry-anywhere portability combined with high quality results and impressive feature sets at pocket-friendly prices.”
1/2.5 " Type CCD
|Image sizes||• 3,264 x 2,448 (8M)
• 3,264 x 2,176 (3:2 format)
• 2,304 x 1,728
• 1,600 x 1,200
• 640 x 480
|Movie clips||• 320 x 240 pixels, 30 frames/sec. with monaural sound
• AVI (Motion JPEG )
*Zoom function cannot be used during movie recording
|File formats||• JPEG|
|Lens||• Fujinon 3x Optical zoom lens
• 38 - 113mm equiv.
|• Fujinon 5x Optical zoom lens
• 37 - 185mm equiv.
|Digital zoom||Approx. 5.1x||Approx. 6.9x|
|AF area modes||Center|
|AF assist lamp||Yes|
|Focus distance||• Normal: Approx. 40cm / 1.3 ft to infinity
• Macro: Wide angle: Approx. 15cm / 6 in. to 40cm / 1.3 ft
• Macro Telephoto: Approx. 40cm / 1.3 ft to 80cm / 2.6 ft
|• Normal: Approx. 40cm / 1.3 ft to infinity
• Macro: Wide angle: Approx. 5cm / 2.0 in. to 80cm / 2.6ft
• Macro Telephoto: Approx. 30cm / 1.0 ft to 80cm / 2.6ft
|Metering||TTL 64-zones metering|
• ISO 64
• ISO 100
• ISO 200
• ISO 400
• ISO 800
(Standard Output Sensitivity)
|Shuttter speed||8 sec. to 1/1500 sec||4 sec. to 1/1500 sec|
|Aperture||Wide angle: F2.8 – F5.2||Wide Angle: F2.8-5.6|
|Modes||• Programmed AE
• Mode dial: Auto, Baby, Picture Stabilization, Red-eye Reduction, Digital ZOOM, Portrait, SP (Scene Position), Movie
|• Mode dial: Auto, Baby, Picture Stabilization, Red-eye Reduction, Digital ZOOM, Portrait, SP (Scene Position), Movie
• SP: Landscape, Sport, Night, Natural Light, Beach, Snow, Fireworks, Sunset, Flower, Party, Museum, Text, Manual
|White balance||Automatic scene recognition Preset (Fine, Shade, Fluorescent light (Daylight), Fluorescent light (Warm White), Fluorescent light (Cool White), Incandescent light)|
|White balance fine tune||No|
|Self timer||Approx. 10 sec./ 2 sec. delay|
|Continuous shooting||Top-3: (max 0.6 frames/sec)|
|Flash||• Auto flash
• Effective range: (ISO AUTO): Wide angle: approx. 0.5m / 1.6 ft. to 4.0m / 13 ft. Telephoto: approx. 0.5m / 1.6 ft. to 2.2m / 7.2 ft.
• Macro: approx. 0.3m / 1.0 ft. to 0.8m / 2.6 ft.
|• Auto flash
• Effective range: (ISO AUTO): Wide angle: approx. 0.5m / 2.0 ft. to 3.5m / 11.5 ft. Telephoto: approx. 0.5m / 2.0 ft. to 2.2m / 6.2 ft
• Macro: approx. 0.5m / 2.0 ft. to 0.8m / 2.6 ft
|• Flash modes: Auto, Red-eye Reduction, Forced Flash, Suppressed Flash, Slow Synchro.|
• 2.5-inch, approx
• approx. 230,000 pixels, • Amorphous Silicon TFT colour LCD monitor
• approx. 100% coverage
|Print compliance||• DPOF|
|Storage|| Internal memory (Approx. 12 MB)
• xD-Picture cardTM (16MB-2GB)
• SD memory card / SDHC memory card
|Power|| Rechargeable NP-45 Li-ion battery (included)||• Rechargeable NP-40ND Li-ion battery (included)|
|Weight (no batt)||110 g (4.3oz)||141g / 4.9 oz.|
|Dimensions||91 x 55 x 19 mm / 3.8 x 2.2 x 0.75 in.||95.6 x 55.4 x 23 mm / 3.8 x 2.2 x 0.9 in.|
*Specifications subject to change