Adobe CS2 and Camera Raw updates
May 16, 2006 at 19:10:13 GMT
Adobe has announced updates to its Camera Raw plug-in and Photoshop CS2. Camera Raw 3.4 adds support for the Canon EOS 30D, Olympus EVOLT 330 and Pentax *ist DL2 amongst others. The Photoshop 9.0.1 update fixes a number of problems present in version 9.0.
Adobe Camera Raw 3.4 Update
This new version of the Camera Raw plug-in replaces the original Camera Raw plug-in that was installed with Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 and 4.0 software. Visit the Camera Raw page for a complete list of supported cameras.
Support for the following cameras has been added in this update.
- Canon EOS 30D
- Leaf Aptus 65
- Leaf Aptus 75
- Olympus EVOLT 330
- Olympus SP-320
- Pentax *ist DL2
- Samsung GX-1S
Adobe Photoshop 9.0.1 (CS2) Update
The Adobe Photoshop 9.0.1 update fixes a number of problems discovered after Photoshop CS2 (9.0) software was released.
The most significant fixes in the 9.0.1 release include the following:
- Photoshop no longer hangs for several seconds when using painting tools with quick strokes.
- A runtime error that could appear when mousing over a high-res document with the Brush tool has been fixed.
- Documents containing a large number of text layers now open more quickly.
- Problems related to palettes (slow redraw, palettes go white, possible crash) have been addressed.
- TIFF files from certain scanners can now be opened correctly.
- After editing an image in Photoshop CS2 via the TouchUp tool in Adobe Acrobat software, the image no longer gets repositioned.
- XMP metadata from AI and PDF files is now retained in Photoshop.
- Slow performance when toggling layer visibility has been fixed.
- Info palette numbers are now displayed and updated when moving a curve point in Curves via the cursor keys..
- Problems opening certain TIFF and PSB files greater than 2GB have been resolved.
- The Merge to HDR command now functions properly when using high-ASCII characters in user login.
Click here for Windows updates
Click here for Macintosh updates