|Previous news story Next news story|
Pentax announcements for PMA 2006
Pre-PMA 2006: Pentax today have said that they will be exhibiting three upcoming digital SLR products at PMA 2006. Although currently under development there will be a 10 megapixel interchangeable lens DSLR, an interchangeable lens medium-format DSLR and a 21mm wide angle lens. All three will be showcased at PMA, but it is not expected to be a final product.
Updated: images added
PENTAX to Exhibit Upcoming Digital SLR Camera Products at PMA 2006 in the U.S.A.
PENTAX Corporation is pleased to announce the exhibition of three upcoming digital SLR camera products, all currently under development, at major trade shows in the U.S.A. They will be showcased at PMA 2006, America’s largest annual photographic merchandise trade show, to be held from February 26 to March 1 in Orlando, Florida.
Overview of Upcoming Products
1. Product type: Lens-interchangeable digital SLR camera
Model name: To be announced
- High-quality digital image reproduction with 10 effective megapixels
- Market launch tentatively scheduled for autumn 2006
2. Product type: Interchangeable uni-focal wide-angle lens for exclusive use with PENTAX digital SLR cameras
Model name (tentative): smc PENTAX-DA 21mm F3.2AL Limited
- Compact, lightweight wide-angle lens designed for exclusive use with PENTAX digital SLR cameras
- Wide-perspective coverage with a 68-degree angle of view (equivalent in focal length to 32mm in the 35mm format, when mounted on a PENTAX *istD-series digital SLR camera body)
- PENTAX-original KAF lens mount
- Market launch tentatively scheduled for June 2006
3. Product type: Lens-interchangeable medium-format digital SLR camera
Model name (tentative): PENTAX 645 Digital
- Professional-quality digital image reproduction with 18 effective megapixels
- Kodak-developed extra-large CCD image sensor with 18.6 total megapixels (tentative)
- PENTAX-original 645AF lens mount
- Compatibility with existing smc PENTAX 645 interchangeable lenses
Model names, designs, specifications and market launch schedules of these products are all tentative and subject to change without notice.
Pentax 21mm F/3.2 AL Limited Lens
for Pentax Digital SLR Cameras
Pentax 21MM Limited Silver f3.2AL SMC