AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED
Feb 21, 2006 at 06:05 GMT
Pre-PMA 2006: Amongst the flood of new digicams Nikon has announced this, the world’s first macro lens (offering reproduction ratios of up to 1:1) equipped with Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and Vibration Reduction (VR) systems. The AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED lens offers advanced optical features and technologies such as Nano Crystal Coat, Extra Low Dispersion (ED) glass and Internal Focusing. For use with both Nikon DX format digital and 35mm film SLR cameras.
AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED
The world’s first macro lens equipped with the VR system
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation has launched the AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED, the world’s first macro lens equipped with Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and Vibration Reduction (VR) systems.
The new lens offers a host of Nikon's advanced optical features and technologies such as Nano Crystal Coat, Extra Low Dispersion (ED) glass and Internal Focusing (IF) . The AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED is engineered for use with both Nikon DX format digital and 35mm film SLR cameras.
Importantly, the lens has been specifically developed to meet user demand for a 105mm macro lens equipped with SWM, IF and VR features.
The SWM ensures fast and quiet auto-focusing and the ability to switch rapidly between autofocus and manual operation. The IF system offers a non-rotating front lens element that makes it easy to fit and use circular polarising filters.
With the enhanced VR system (VRII), photographers can capture sharp images at shutter speeds approximately 4 stops* slower [at near infinity to 3m (1/30x reproduction ratio)] than would otherwise be possible. The negative effects of camera shake are greatly amplified in close-up photography and can affect image sharpness greatly. The incorporation of Nikon VR technology in a Micro-Nikkor lens for the first time expands versatility by providing the benefits of VR-assisted sharpness and improving hand-held close-up photography. In addition, the VRII offers a stable viewfinder image for easy frame composition even at high magnification shooting.
The AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED also features proven Nikon optical technologies such as the Nano Crystal Coat, which drastically reduces flare, and one ED glass element that minimises chromatic aberration to provide higher resolution and high-contrast images.
In summary, the AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED ensures high-quality and high-performance for all photographers — from amateurs to professionals.
* Under Nikon measurement conditions.
Sales release schedule
Nikon Corporation will launch the AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED worldwide from April 2006.
Specifications, design, product name, standard accessories, and release schedule may differ by country or area.
- The world’s first macro lens offering reproduction ratios of up to 1:1 and featuring the Nikon Vibration Reduction System (VRII) allows high-quality hand-held macro shooting.
- The VRII function minimizes camera shake by offering the equivalent of a shutter speed 4 stops* faster at near infinity to 3m (1/30x reproduction ratio) shooting.
- The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast and quiet autofocusing, and quick switching between autofocus and manual operation.
- Nikon ED glass element minimizes chromatic aberration. Outstanding Nikkor optical performance makes it suitable for photography with both Nikon digital and 35mm film SLR cameras.
- Nikon Nano Crystal Coat further ensures superior optical performance by virtually eliminating internal lens element reflections.
- The Internal Focus (IF) design provides a constant lens length and eliminates rotation of the front lens element, facilitating the use of circular polarizing filters and the Nikon Close-up Speedlight Commander Kit R1C1 and Nikon Close-up Speedligjt Remote Kit R1.
- 1:1 of maximum reproduction ratio and up to 31cm closest focusing distance
- Up to 154mm working distance (at near 1:1)
- Two focus modes are available — M/A and M
- The nine-blade rounded diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural.
- ø62mm filter attachment size
* Under Nikon measurement conditions.
AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Specifications
105mm (Picture angle, when used with Nikon DX format digital SLRs is equivalent to a 157.5mm on a 35mm format SLR)
|Lens construction||14 Elements in 12 Groups (with 1 ED glass element and 1 Nano Crystal Coat-deposited lens element)|
|Angle of view||23° 20' (15° 20' with Nikon DX format)|
|Number of diaphragm blades||9pcs|
|Lens hood||Bayonet hood|
|Dimensions||Diameter 83mm (3.3”)X Length 116mm (4.5”)|
• 62mm screw-in filters
|Included accessories||• 62mm snap-on front lens cap LC-62
• Rear lens cap LF-1
• Bayonet hood HB-38
• Flexible lens pouch CL-1020