|Previous news story Next news story|
The 123 of digital imaging 3.5
Site contributor Vincent Bockaert has today announced the latest version of his excellent 'The 123 of digital imaging Interactive Learning Suite'. Version 3.5 features a wide range of updates and revisions including extensive coverage of Adobe Photoshop CS2 (including Adobe Bridge and Camera RAW 3.1), numerous new tutorials (high dynamic range images, sharpening, distortion correction etc.) In total 3.5 includes several hundred more pages than 3.0. As well as this new version Vincent has also carried out an extensive update of our glossary section with more new sections coming soon. Version 3.5 is free to owners of 3.0 (registered after 7/Apr/05) otherwise the upgrade costs just $9.99.
123di.com announces "The 123 of digital imaging Interactive Learning Suite - Version 3.5"
The 123 of digital imaging combines several digital photography books into one comprehensive Interactive Learning Suite:
123di covers digital imaging via a three step workflow
- Understanding digital imaging and digital camera selection
- Enhance your images in the "pixelroom"
- Manage, view, share, and print your images
Highly Integrated Content
123di is packed with more than 3,000 screen-size pages filled with thousands of colorful graphics and animations organized into more than 130 topics in 20 chapters.
Three Selectable User Levels
- Starter sections are like "executive summaries". These brief introductions with simplified and synthesized content are ideal if the reader has little time and wants to keep it simple.
- Essential sections get the reader up to speed quickly and are a must read for beginners. But even for advanced readers they are a nice refresher before diving into the advanced sections. Image editing tutorials in the essential sections are based on Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 and 3.
- Advanced sections build on the essential sections and are more in-depth and detailed, and technical at times. Image editing tutorials in the advanced sections are based on Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, and CS2.
Seven Key Software Packages Covered
Adobe Photoshop Album 2, Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 and 3, Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, and CS2, and Nikon Capture 4.3 are featured with animated tutorials and unique interactive graphical user interfaces. Many other software packages such as PTGui, Photorescue, etc. are also briefly covered.
Complete Theory on Digital Photography
123di has extensive coverage on digital photography concepts such as resolution, compression, color bit depth, dynamic range, noise, focal length multiplier, sensor types, etc. The inner workings of cameras, scanners, accessories, monitors, and printers are explained in detail. Colorful graphics, animations, interactive simulations and calculators allow for accelerated learning.
Buying Guides for Cameras, Scanners, Monitors, and Printers
Detailed buying guides for cameras, scanners, monitors, printers, and accessories help in the reader's buying decision process.
Practical Image Editing Techniques
Useful image editing techniques cover various approaches to create spectacular images and overcome limitations of the scene, the photographer, or the camera.
Color management is featured throughout 123di to ensure consistent and accurate color during the entire workflow.
Working in RAW
123di has a comprehensive coverage of working in RAW mode. Practical examples are based on Adobe Photoshop Elements 3, Photoshop 7, Photoshop CS, Photoshop CS2, and Nikon Capture 4.3.
What's New in Version 3.5
- Extensive coverage of Adobe Photoshop CS2 from a digital photographer's perspective, including Adobe Bridge and Camera Raw 3.1. The content about Photoshop Album 2, Photoshop Elements 2 and 3, Photoshop 7 & CS is still included.
- Chapter 12 - "working in RAW mode" is updated for Adobe Camera Raw 3.1 and Nikon Capture 4.3.
- Extensive revision of Chapter 1 which explains in great detail the theoretical aspects of digital imaging.
- New tutorials added such as creating high dynamic range image, smart sharpen, correcting lens distortions, removing chromatic aberration, etc
- Thousands of modifications and updates were made to the content and hundreds of pages were added to keep 123di fully updated with the latest technology changes.
- The CD-ROM version also contains 30 day tryout versions of Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 and Adobe Photoshop CS2, the free Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0, and several other freeware and shareware applications.
Unlike printed books, 123di is regularly updated with the latest technology at very affordable upgrade rates so the initial investment in 123di is preserved. Upgrades are free for readers who bought Version 3.0 on or after April 7, 2005. Special upgrade pricing is available for all other existing readers from just US$9.99 onwards.
123di is a leader and innovator in the creation of interactive learning content for digital camera users. The 123 of digital imaging Interactive Learning Suite is sold worldwide in a variety of formats: download, mailorder, retail, and OEM, corporate, and educational volume licenses. 123di is not only popular among individual digital camera users from beginners to professionals, but is also used as a reference in schools, manufacturers of sensors, cameras, and memory cards, as well as imaging department in government organizations such as the army and police forces.
A free demo can be downloaded from www.123di.com