|Previous news story Next news story|
Nikon posts Coolpix 8800 and Coolpix 8400 firmware updates
Nikon has today posted firmware version 1.7 for the 8 megapixel Coolpix 8800. The firmware addresses a number of issues; the shutter releases immediately when using the self-timer and remote control together and the self-timer can now be used with certain scene modes including fireworks, museum and sports. The 10x zoom camera can now also use 6GB Microdrives. Problems caused by selecting Quick response for the Release speed option have also been rectified.
Nikon Coolpix 8800 firmware update version 1.7 and Nikon Coolpix 8400 firmware update version 1.5
What has been changed in version 1.7 and version 1.5 of the firmware?
- The shutter releases immediately with self-timer photography using the remote control. Be aware that the 2-second shutter-release delay will no longer be possible with self-timer photography using the remote control.
- The self-timer can now be used with Fireworks show, Museum, and Sports Scene modes.
- Camera control using PictureProject COOLPIX Remote Control is now possible. (since firmware version 1.5)
- 6GB Microdrives can now be used.
- Pictures were not correctly recorded when taken with Internal off selected for the Speedlight ctrl option in the shooting menus Speedlight opt. item, and flash mode set to rear-curtain sync. This problem has been corrected. (since firmware version 1.5)
- Command-dial operation was possible while a picture, taken with Quick response selected for the Release speed option in the setup menus Monitor options item, was being recorded to the memory card. This problem has been corrected.
- Shooting was possible while a picture, taken with Quick response selected for the Release speed option in the setup menus Monitor options item and Auto bracketing selected for the Auto bracketing item in the shooting menu, was being recorded to the memory card. This problem has been corrected.
- Errors in Korean menus have been corrected.