|Previous news story Next news story|
Nikon posts D2H firmware v2.01 and WT-1 firmware v1.10
Nikon has today posted firmware version 2.01 for its D2H SLR which fixes a number of problems. The problem of the D2H freezing with uninterrupted navigation between a number of photographs while playback zoom was activated has been corrected. Other bugs that have been rectified include saving the WT-1 settings when it was connected to the camera, plus incorrect character displays in Spanish, Chinese and German menus. There is also an new update for the WT-1 wireless transmitter which adds support for the D2X and D2Hs. See release notes for a full list of changes.
Nikon D2H firmware update version 2.01
What has been changed in version 2.01 of the firmware?
- The D2H sometimes froze with uninterrupted navigation between a number of photographs while playback zoom was activated. This problem has been corrected.
- When Image review in the playback menu was set to On and a photograph taken just after the camera stopped metering exposure (Auto meter-off activated) was displayed in the camera monitor, there was a significant delay before the shutter was released when the shutter-release button was pressed while this photo was displayed. This problem has been corrected.
- When AF-area mode was set to Group dynamic-AF and a6 Focus area illum* in the CSM menu was set to When selected>1 s, the focus area was illuminated for 1 second with a half-press of the shutter-release button. This problem has been corrected. * Focus area illum is Custom Setting a5 with D2H firmware version 1.0.
- A problem that prevented saving of WT-1 settings when the WT-1 was connec ted to the D2H has been corrected. This problem occurred with the following operations:
-The Wireless LAN Transceiver option was set to Off after connection to an FTP server. WT-1 settings were then adjusted and the D2H was turned off.
-The Wireless LAN Transceiver option was set to Off after connection to an FTP server. WT-1 settings were then adjusted, Transceiver set to On and then set to Off while connecting to a server, and the D2H was turned off.
- Incorrect character displays in Spanish, Chinese, and German menus have been corrected.
- The following problem that occurred when the camera was controlled from Camera menu>Custom Settings... in Nikon Capture 4 has been corrected. (Macintosh only)
- When the Aperture setting option in f5 Command dials was switched from Aperture ring to Sub-command dial, Nikon Capture 4 Camera Control sometimes quit unexpectedly or displayed an inconsistent aperture value.
WT-1 firmware update version 1.10
What has been changed in version 1.10 of the firmware?
- Support for the Nikon D2X and D2Hs has been added. With upgrade of WT-1 firmware to version 1.1, the WT-1 can be used with the Nikon D2X and D2Hs cameras.