|Previous news story Next news story|
HP Photosmart R507
HP has today announced the newest addition to the sleek R series with the 4.1 million-pixel Photosmart R507, which houses a 3x zoom Pentax lens. It retains the good looks of its older brother, with a metal front and sculpted grip as well as in-camera red-eye removal and
HP Photo Advisor, which analyses users photos and makes suggestions as to how the image can be improved. The in-camera panorama mode allows you to preview the panorama on its
1.5-inch LCD, then stitches them together when you download them using the supplied software.
Get to Grips with the Dynamic New HP Photosmart R507 Digital Camera
Convenience, user enjoyment and streamlined geometric styling plus a host of advanced features make this digital camera the choice for effortless and successful digital photography
BOEBLINGEN, Germany, 2 August, 2004 - HP (NYSE, Nasdaq: HPQ) today announced a dynamic new digital camera. The HP Photosmart R507 is the newest addition to HP’s R-series range, which deliver high-functioning technical advancements, ease of use, real convenience and smooth modern design.
The HP Photosmart R507 boasts a bead-blasted aluminium front and a slim and compact design to easily fit into a pocket. A sculpted grip and intuitive controls also ensure that even quickly taken photos provide great results. The digital camera’s 4.1 MP allows crisp photos with superb enlargements up to 20 x 25 cm. With a 21 x total zoom (3x optical Pentax lens, 7x digital zoom), the HP Photosmart R507 digital camera offers manual controls to put the user firmly in charge of their digital photography.
Featuring the landmark HP Real Life technologies, this camera helps produce successful digital photography results for everyone, regardless of their level of experience. These technologies allow you to get pictures which accurately reproduce what you see to produce flawless photographs every time. These include HP’s patented Adaptive Lighting which automatically brightens selected areas of high contrast photos to reveal details normally lost in the shadows, giving more true-to-life shots. HP’s In-Camera Red-Eye Removal Mode, an industry first, corrects red-eye in photos directly from the camera, to eliminate glaring red-eye from photos of family or friends.
HP Panorama Preview mode is designed for effective multi-shot photos of landscapes. This mode displays a ghosted section of the previous image on the camera’s 3.8 cm colour LCD screen ensuring more accurate panoramic photos. The user is given an option to review the full panorama on the camera’s LCD screen in playback, an industry first. HP’s Instant Share technology identifies the photos as panorama shots when the photos are transferred from the HP digital camera to a PC. These shots are then automatically stitched together by HP Image Zone software, creating a seamless photo.
The new HP R507 digital camera also includes HP Photo Adviser, an in-camera technology that analyses the users photos and suggests how aspects, such as exposure or focus, might be improved. Helping to make digital photography even easier, this unique resource helps adjust and improve shots, so the user can learn to take even better photos.
The HP Photosmart R507 digital cameras benefits from HP’s Instant Share technology, which allows easy downloading, printing, viewing and sharing by e-mail or via the web. With 34 programmable destinations, the user is able to share digital images with individuals or address lists straight from the camera.
HP Direct Print makes the digital photography experience even easier - users can simply connect the HP Photosmart R-series digital camera via a USB cable to an HP Photosmart printer, select HP Deskjet printers or select HP all-in-ones, to print photos instantly. The HP Photosmart R507 also offers digital MPEG movie clips and an impressive 32 MB internal memory plus SD card slot for expanding capacity, meaning that sharing digital shots has never been easier.
To accompany the HP Photosmart R-series digital camera lineup, the HP Photosmart R-series digital camera dock, a user-friendly and flexible device, can be purchased either bundled with the digital camera or as an optional accessory. The HP Photosmart R-series digital camera dock connects to a PC or Mac and uses HP Instant Share to allow easy downloading, printing and e-mailing. It can also be connected to a TV to allow easy viewing of photos as a slideshow using the ultra-slim wireless remote control. This multi-functional dock can recharge the Li-Ion battery while it’s in the camera as well as providing an extra charging bay for a second battery that is included with the dock.
Optional accessories for the HP Photosmart R-series digital camera include the elegant leather HP Premium Case, which includes pouches for memory cards, batteries and other accessories. The HP Photosmart R-series quick recharge kit can also be purchased along with the R-series digital cameras. This stylish and convenient kit includes an additional Li-Ion battery, matching camera case, recharger and recharger pouch and can be used to recharge the digital camera battery in 1 hour or less. HP R07 Li-Ion rechargeable batteries are also available separately to provide additional power for twice as many photos and an HP 3.3V AC adapter is available for in-camera charging or charging to the R series dock.
HP Photosmart R507 features:
- Take true-to-life photos with 4.1 MP resolution and 21x total zoom – 3x optical and 7x digital.
- Pentax 3x optical zoom precision lens auto-focuses for crisp shots whether you’re up close or shooting from a distance.
- Choose from 8 shooting modes or use manual controls to set saturation, contrast and more.
- High resolution means you can produce stunning prints and enlargements up to A3, or crop for a different view and still get high quality A4 prints.
- Shoot video or take a series of photos in rapid succession with burst mode.
- High capacity, fast charging lithium-ion battery.
- Get results that are more true-to-life with advanced, HP Real Life technologies.
- Switch on Adaptive Lighting for more true-to-life results when you’re shooting pictures with high contrast bright and dark areas.
- Use flash without worrying about red-eye with the world’s first In-Camera Red-Eye Removal system.
- In-Camera Panorama mode shows you where to start each photo, previews the panorama on the LCD then stitches the set together when you download into HP Image Zone software.
- Use Image Advice for instant analysis and ideas on how you can take better photos next time.
- Share and print your photos at the touch of a button, or get creative with HP Image Zone.
- Enjoy fast and easy photo sharing and printing with HP Instant Share™.
- Set up to 34 destinations for sharing – next time you dock or connect your camera, HP
- Instant Share™ sends your selected photos to e-mail or to your printer.
- No large e-mail attachments – friends can choose the photos they want to download.
- Organise and edit your photos using HP Image Zone software.
- Create slideshows to view on your computer or your TV via DVD.
- Choose from wide range of optional accessories:
HP Photosmart R507 digital
camera with HP camera dock
|Sensor|| 1/2.5 " Type CCD
4.2 million pixels total
4.1 million effective pixels
|Image sizes|| 2320 x 1744
|Movie clips|| With sound
Limited only by length of memory card
|File formats|| Still: JPEG (Exif 2.2)
|Lens|| 35-105mm equiv. (3x zoom)
F2.6 - F4.8
|Digital zoom||Up to 7x|
|ISO sensitivity|| Auto
|Exposure compensation||+/- 3 in 1/3EV steps|
|Shuttter speed||16-1/2000 sec|
|Aperture|| At wide: F2.6 / F4.3
At tele: F4.8/ F7.6
|Color modes|| Color
|White balance|| Auto
|Self timer||10 sec|
Modes: Auto, Red-eye reduction, On/Off, Night with red-eye reduction
|LCD monitor|| 1.5" TFT LCD
|Print compliance|| Direct Print
|Storage|| SD card
32MB card supplied
|Power||1x Lithium ion battery|
|Weight (no batt)||132 g (4.7 oz)|
|Weight (with batt)||157 g (5.5 oz)|
|Dimensions||87 x 57 x 28 mm (3.4 x 2.2 x 1.1 in)|