Aug 25, 2004 at 07:18:37 GMT
Casio has today announced its entry level flagship camera in the QV range with the QV-R61, a six megapixel, 3x optical zoom lens camera. It also boasts a 2-inch LCD screen that as well as displaying shooting information and photographic effects, also has Icon Help, which uses pop-ups with explanations of the differenct icons. A rather helpful Business Shot provides automatic alignment for photos of text documents taken at an angle. Images are stored on to 9.7MB of internal memory or removable SD cards.
CASIO Introduces New 6 Megapixel Compact Digital Camera to its QV Range
August 25th, 2004, LONDON, UK – CASIO ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. today announced the QV-R61, a 6 megapixel digital camera in the popular QV-R range with improved image quality and responsiveness thanks to the incorporation of CASIO’s proprietary EXILIM Engine technology. In addition, several new advanced features have been included to enhance overall performance. This compact model is the flagship in the QV-R series, and features a large 2.0” TFT LCD screen and a 3x optical zoom lens in a compact aluminum body.
CASIO’s proprietary EXILIM Engine technology uses highly advanced circuitry to enhance the image processing and functional performance of the QV-R61, delivering superior images with remarkably high resolution and low power consumption. Therefore, battery life equates to approximately 280 photos at full 6 megapixel resolution, according to the CIPA*1 standard for measuring battery life. Benefits also include nearly instantaneous start up, astonishingly fast 0.01 second shutter release lag time, and high speed continuous shooting of up to 3 photos in 1 second. The new QV-R61 is even ahead of its QV-R51 sibling, a camera that won the prestigious 2004 DIMA (Digital Imaging Marketing Association) Digital Camera Shoot-Out Award, beating more than 50 other digital cameras from 13 manufacturers, to take the prize for best picture quality in the US$300 to $399 price range.
Operation is extremely easy, with a large 2.0” LCD screen that clearly displays all information on shooting and photographic effects. With advanced operating features such as Direct-On REC and Play Modes, BESTSHOT mode with 23 pre-set scenarios, the QV-R61 represents the ultimate in high quality photography with carefree operation. The QV-R61 will be available from October.
6-megapixel CCD with 3x optical zoom
High-resolution images are assured by the 6 megapixel CCD imaging element and
3x optical zoom. A 4x digital zoom is provided for a combined zoom of 12x
Comprehensive high-speed design
Designed to give extremely fast response times in all that it does, results in a start
up time of approximately 1 second and a 0.01 second release time lag. The QV-R61
also features a high speed continuous shooting function that can take 3 photos in
New high-performance functions
Flash Assist -- Operates during flash photography to compensate for
underexposure in areas which are not reached by flash
Auto Macro -- Automatically switches between Macro mode and AF mode as
Business Shot -- Provides automatic alignment correction for photos taken at an
angle, altering shots as though they were taken from a straight-on front position
Icon Help -- Uses pop-ups to guide the user during the switching of settings
- Large 2.0” TFT LCD scratch resistant acrylic panel monitor.
- Direct-On function for one-touch recording and playback.
- Up to 280 still images can be taken on a single battery charge, according to CIPA standards
- Can use regular AA alkaline or lithium batteries
- Compact aluminum body with high quality rounded finish
- Advanced image noise reduction for improved image quality, especially when shooting at night.
- Movies (without audio) can be recorded up to the limit of the memory
- Multi-Auto Focus for automatic selection of the optimum focus point location
- High speed playback scrolls through recorded images at 0.1 sec per image for faster image searching.
- The BESTSHOT mode with 23 pre-set scenarios in an instant. Simply select a sample scene similar to the image you want, and the camera’s settings are configured automatically.
- Full month calendar screen shows a thumbnail of the first image recorded on each date.
- The Alarm function sounds an alarm and displays a specified image at a preset time.
- World Time lets you select one of 162 cities in 32 time zones around the world as your home time. When traveling to another time zone, simply select the applicable city, and time and date settings are adjusted automatically.
- Triple Self-timer records three consecutive images, so you can select and keep the best one.
- Images can be stored in a Web browser format allowing you to browse images in an on screen album.
- Internal 9.7 MB flash memory, can be supplemented with SD / MMC memory cards (card not included).
- Favourites folder lets you store favourite or private images so they are not displayed during normal playback. Connects directly to PictBridge and USB DIRECT-PRINT*2 compatible printers.
- Complies with ExifPrint (Exif 2.2) and PRINT Image Matching Ⅲ.
1/1.8" Type CCD
2816 x 2112
|Movie clips|| 320 x 240 (15fps) unlimited depending on size of memory card|
Still: JPEG (Exif 2.2)
|Lens|| 39 - 117 mm (35 mm equivalent)
F2.8 - F4.9
3x optical zoom
|Digital zoom||Up to 4x|
|Focus|| Contrast type autofocus (selectable between spot and multi)
|Focus distance|| Normal: 60cm to infinity
Macro: 10cm - 70cm
|ISO sensitivity|| Auto
|Exposure compensation|| +/-2EV
1/3 stop increments
|Shutter speed||4 - 1/2000 sec including night mode|
|Scene modes||23 BESTSHOT modes|
|White balance|| Auto
|Self timer|| 2 or 10 secs
Triple self timer for selection of best shot
|Continuous shooting||3 fps|
|Flash|| Auto, On/Off, Red-eye reduction
Range: 0.6 - 2.6m (W) 2.1 m (T)
|LCD monitor|| 2" TFT LCD
|Print compliance|| DPOF
|Storage|| SD/MMC card
9.7 MB internal memory
|Power||2x AA NiMH/lithium ion/alkaline battery|
|Weight (no batt)||168 g (5.9 oz)|
|Dimensions||88 x 61 x 33 mm (3.4 x 2.4 x 1.3 in)|