Pentax *ist D Remote Assistant
Mar 14, 2004 at 08:26:24 GMT
has announced the Pentax Remote Assistant camera control software to users
of the Pentax *ist D digital SLR camera. Features include remote shutter
release, uploading and filing of captured images and adjustment of basic
and auxiliary functions. The software can be downloaded for free from
the Pentax Web site from March 18, 2004, for Windows users and mid April
for Macintosh users.
PENTAX to Distribute Camera Control Software for *ist D on the Internet
PENTAX Corporation is proud to announce that it will distribute the PENTAX REMOTE Assistant* camera control software to users of the PENTAX *ist D digital SLR camera via the Internet. The software can be downloaded free of charge from the PENTAX Web site (http://www.digital.pentax.co.jp) beginning on March 18, 2004, for Windows users and after mid April for Macintosh users.
The PENTAX REMOTE Assistant is designed to expand the capabilities of the PENTAX *ist D when the camera is connected via USB cable to a personal computer with the software installed. Advanced functions and user-friendly features that the software offers to *ist D users include:
Remote shutter release and interval shooting from the computer. (The
interval shooting function is available only in combination with a computer.)
Direct uploading and filing of captured images onto the computer's hard disk drive, without having to store them on the camera's memory card.
Setting and adjustment of basic and auxiliary functions, including user-selectable custom functions, on the computer.
* This software is equivalent in English only.
- OS: PC running Windows Me (with ASPI driver version 4.70 or later), Windows 2000 or Windows XP (HomeEdition / Professional); Macintosh running OS 9 (9.0 or higher with CarbonLib version 1.5 or later) or Mac OS X (10.1.3 or later).
- CPU: Pentium III or later (Windows); PowerPC G3 or later (Macintosh).
- Memory capacity: over 256MB.
- Hard disk capacity: over 70MB.
- Display: 24-bit full-color monitor capable of displaying approximately 16.77 million colors at 1024 x 768 resolution.
- A standard USB port required.
- A computer with Windows OS or Macintosh OS pre-installed.