ACDSee Update 6.03
Mar 12, 2004 at 23:56:05 GMT
If like me you consider ACDSee to be the best image browser but have been disappointed by the recent buggy and bloated feeling version 6.0 you'll be very pleased to hear that ACD Systems has released an update which improves speed, reliability and solves several annoying problems. ACDSee 6.03 now feels almost as zippy as 'good old' version 3.1 with proper quick cached thumbnails and very fast image rendering. Kudos to ACD Systems for fixing these problems and addressing performance, although let it be a lesson to any software developer, don't ruin your software by bloating it out with features without addressing performance first.
Product Updates (6.0.3)
This free update includes the following benefits:
- Program speed improvements such as faster start up, quicker browsing and viewing, including for the Calendar feature, and accelerated database information retrieval.
- Smoother thumbnail browsing and scrolling.
- Canon RAW image format support.
- AOL ART image format support.
- Enhanced support for Exif maker notes.
- Improved memory management.
- Ability to launch multiple photos into your favorite photo editor, including ACDSee's built-in editor or ACD FotoCanvas.