|Previous news story Next news story|
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7 Digital
PMA 2004: Konica Minolota today made a development announcement about a new digital version of their Maxxum 7 / Dynax 7 SLR. The Maxxum 7 Digital will have a six megapixel APS sized CCD, will have body integrated anti-shake (just like the DiMAGE A1/A2) which will work with all lenses and will be fully system compatible. This camera should be available in 'Fall 2004'. We, along with a few others had an opportunity to take a few pictures of an early pre-production camera.
What we know so far (both told and observed)
- Digital SLR based on Maxxum 7 / Dynax 7
- Six megapixel APS sized CCD
- Body integrated anti-shake, works with all lenses
- White balance control button on rear of camera
- ISO control button on rear of cmaera
- Selectable AF modes (nine point AF)
- Left dial exposure (-3 to +3 EV) and flash compensation (-2 to +2 EV)
- Right dial exposure mode and drive mode
- Dual command dials front and rear of camera
- 14-Segment honeycomb-pattern metering
- ADI and Wireless flash support
- AF/MF button
- External PC Sync flash terminal
- Three user memories
- Large 2.0" LCD Monitor
- Eye-start viewfinder proximity sensor (power on)
- Available Fall 2004
* Note that the above list has been built by us based on observations of the camera and the specifications of the Maxxum 7 film camera, these are not yet confirmed by Konica Minolta.
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7 Digital pictures
All images below are copyright dpreview.com, imaging-resource.com and a-digital-eye.com and may not be reproduced without prior permission.