|Previous news story Next news story|
CIPA official site for PictBridge
The Camera & Imaging Product Association (CIPA) has launched the official site for PictBridge, the industry standard for direct printing of images from a digital camera using a cable without the use of a PC. The standard was established as one of the CIPA specifications in February 2003 and is already been supported by a number of manufacturers. The site is available in both English and Japanese.
CIPA launches the official site for PictBridge
Industry standard for direct printing from digital cameras
Camera & Imaging Product Association (CIPA) launched today the official
site for PictBridge (http://www.cipa.jp/pictbridge/),
an industry standard enabling the direct printing of images from a digital
camera using a cable without the use of a PC. The English version will
be also available from September. This standard was established as one
of the CIPA specifications (CIPA DC-001-2003) in
February 2003. A lot of manufacturers have already approved of it. CIPA opened this site in expectation of users being able to deepen their understanding of PictBridge. Also, it is anticipated that the site will expedite the adoption of the standard in products in the related industries.
Features of this site:
1. Features of PictBridge are introduced in plane language with minimal technical terms.
2. Users can simulate the usability of PictBridge by animation.
3. CIPA will centrally provide various kinds of information for companies that are considering the adoption of PictBridge.
The contents of the site
For Personal Users
- What is PictBridge?
- Try it out! Virtual PictBridge
- Manufacturers supporting PictBridge
- PictBridge certified product listing
- Learn about PictBridge
- Guide to obtaining standard
- Logo certification program
- How to join