|Previous news story Next news story|
Kodak EasyShare Printer Dock 6000
Pre-PMA 2003: Kodak has today announced the EasyShare Printer Dock 6000. This innvoative product is a dock and dye-sub 4 x 6" printer all in one. You simply drop your EasyShare camera onto the dock on top of the device and can execute prints immediately. The printer dock can also be used for normal image transfer and battery charging. The dock is expected to retail at US$199 with paper/ink packs costing US$14.99 for 20 prints, US$24.99 for 40 prints and $39.99 for 80 prints.
Kodak "Fact Sheet":
Kodak EasyShare Printer Dock 6000 - The Simplest Way to get 4" x 6" Kodak Prints From An EasyShare Digital Camera
The Kodak EasyShare printer dock 6000 is the world's first printer-and-camera dock combination, enabling users to print borderless 4" x 6" photos directly from their EasyShare camera at the touch of a button with no computer required. It's the convenient and quick solution for the ultimate in printing convenience and the immediacy of printing at home. Although it's small enough to be portable for special occasions, the device can also be connected to a computer to offer the benefits of an EasyShare camera dock, including one-touch picture transfer to computer and battery recharging. Used in conjunction with Kodak EasyShare 6000/600 series cameras, the printer dock 6000 provides a simple and quick way to get durable, waterproof Kodak prints from an EasyShare digital camera in as little as 90 seconds.
Color Cartridge and Photo Paper kit
The printer dock 6000 thermal printer comes with a paper-and-ribbon system that provides continuous tone, vivid color and traditional film photography longevity and durability, thanks to the XtraLife laminate coating. The device prints Kodak 4"x 6" borderless prints, and the amount of ribbon exactly matches the amount of paper so users will never run out of ink supplies in the middle of a project. In addition, unlike most inkjet printers, the printer dock 6000 uses ink that dries instantly.
The printer dock 6000 will be available in May at a suggested retail price of $199. Combined refill paper and ink cartridge packs will have suggested retail prices of $14.99 for 20 prints, $24.99 for 40 prints, and $39.99 for 80 prints.
- Prints borderless, waterproof 4" x 6" pictures
- Uses continuous tone thermal-dye transfer with XtraLife coating for waterproof prints that last a lifetime
- 90 seconds/print (first print direct from camera takes 120 seconds)
- Four printing modes: current, pre-selected using the camera share button, all or index print
- One-touch picture transfer
- Charges in-camera battery in less than 3 hours
- One touch slideshow to TV from camera while docked
- Four ways to select which image to print: on camera, on printer dock, on TV, on computer
- Supports JPEG and EXIF v2.2
- Weight: 34 oz.
- Dimensions with tray: 7.8 x 6.2 x 16 in.
- $14.99 for Kodak color cartridge & photo paper kit that makes 20 pictures; $24.99 for 40 pictures; $39.99 for 80 pictures
- Works with Kodak EasyShare 6000/600 series cameras
- Kodak EasyShare printer dock 6000
- 10-count sample Kodak color cartridge and photo paper kit and color cartridge
- Ni-MH rechargeable battery pack for select Kodak EasyShare digital cameras
- 24V AC adapter
- Kodak printer driver software
- Cleaning tool
- Welcome kit
|Kodak DX6340 printing in EasyShare Printer Dock 6000|