Qimage Pro 2001 v2.0
Jun 20, 2001 at 04:00:00 GMT
Chaney just dropped me a line to let me know he's just posted QImage Pro
2001, v2.0. This new version has several new improvements not least of
which it's support for Nikon D1x NEF RAW images (uncompressed) including
a 10 megapixel (4020 x 2638) output format as well as faster RAW file
decoding, better colour rendition for Olympus ORF RAW files and a couple
of bug fixes.
here to visit the Qimage Pro 2001 website
Qimage Pro 2001, v2.0 (06/20/01)
NEW NEF/ORF DECODER: Version 2.0 offers Qimage Pro's fastest, most accurate
raw image decoder to date, and adds support for (uncompressed) Nikon D1x
NEF images. Here is a comprehensive list of enhancements to NEF/ORF support
in Qimage Pro 2001 v2.0:
- Better: Although considered exceptional by many users since version
1.3, Qimage Pro's NEF/ORF interpolation has been enhanced to produce
slightly sharper results.
- Faster: All NEF/ORF images will decode approximately 30% faster than
- More accurate: We've updated the ORF ICC profile to a v2.0 profile,
increasing the color accuracy of E-10 ORF images.
- D1x support: v2.0 will now decode Nikon D1x NEF images (uncompressed).
D1x NEF images are decoded at 4020 x 2638 (10.6 MP) to preserve maximum
image detail. In addition, Qimage Pro uses three separate camera specific
ICC profiles for the D1, D1x and E-10 respectively to ensure that each
camera returns perfect color every time!
- IMAGE LOCK: The "Image Lock" feature now locks all images
in an upright position on the printed page, ensuring no auto-rotation
will be performed when the image lock is on.
- CROP/ROTATE: Fixed a bug that was causing strange results when cropping
an image after applying a rotation.
- CROP AND SLIDE SHOW: Fixed a problem that was causing a dimmed black
and white area to show during a slide show if the image being viewed
had an associative crop.