|Previous news story Next news story|
Nikon Coolpix 950 Firmware 1.3
Ok, good news Nikontech USA have also posted the 1.3 firmware, so it's now available for all 950's (PAL or NTSC).
Version 1.2 and 1.3 improvements
- Increased general brightness of LCD monitor
- Added function: Auto Sensitivity, increases sensitivity in low light.
- Matrix Auto White Balance
- Auto File Numbering setting in [A]-REC mode (was previously only available in M-Rec)
- Improved brightness of LCD monitor in low-light shooting
Improvements and bug fixes in version 1.3 (in addition to 1.2)
- Improvement in white balance control in fixed aperture
If you select fixed aperture mode in manual white balance mode, the image sometimes becomes green. This problem has been solved.
- Improved manual focus accuracy
With some cameras, when manual focus is set to infinity, the focus became inaccurate. This has also been overcome.
- Condition under which Preset white balance data is
With Ver. 1.2, the set value by preset white balance was reset when fixed aperture mode is set to off. With Ver.1.3, the value is not reset when this mode is turned off.
Duh! Can someone explain to me why NikonTech USA changed their domain name from nikontechusa.com to nikontech-usa.com without informing anyone.. sigh.
USA NTSC Firmware download page
(Note, you should only install US NTSC firmware on US 950's)
(Little disclaimer: DPR accepts no responsibility for damage caused by installing new firmware, you should read and fully understand instructions before installation).