Kodak v3.0.8 firmware & v5.8.1 acquire
Dec 7, 1999 at 04:00 GMT
Kodak post v3.0.8 firmware for the Kodak DCS 520 / 560 / D2000 / D6000. The companion "acquire" software is also updated to v5.8.1. (No news on DCS 620 / 660 v3.0.8 yet).
- A redesigned, more efficient User Interface featuring Drop down menus.
- Dual Card support.
- Auto White Balancing using image data.
- Image Processing options.
- Post-Capture Manual ±EV compensation using Host Software.
- Recover (deleted images).
- Added Quick Format of storage cards.
- IPTC Data support in camera.
- Intervalometer (Advanced Self-Timer).
- Active custom Functions are easily identified on the camera's rear LCD with a bullet point.
- Global Positioning System (GPS) support.
- Enhanced Storage media support.
There's a note at the bottom of the Kodak page which says "continue to use the your current version virmware with Canon EOS-D2000 and D6000 as the v3.0.8 firmware has not be certified with these cameras".
If you do upgrade your firmware (Kodak DCS 520 / 560) you'll also need the updated acquire module (version 5.8.1)