Kodak Announce DCS330 Professional SLR Digicam
Aug 24, 1999 at 04:00:00 GMT
Kodak have announced the DSC330 Professional Digital Camera with a new Indium Tin Oxide (ITO) 3 megapixel CCD (2008 x 1504) based on the same body as the DCS315, that of the Nikon Pronea 6i and as such can take numerous Nikon and 3rd party lenses and other accessories.All for US$5,249 (not confirmed).
"The KODAK PROFESSIONAL DCS 330 Digital Camera is the latest member of the award-winning professional DCS digital cameras from Kodak. The DCS line of digital cameras demonstrates Kodak's industry leadership by providing the most advanced technology to help professional photographers work smarter, faster, and better.
The new KODAK PROFESSIONAL DCS 330 Digital Camera combines Kodak's most innovative digital technology with the precision and sophistication of a single-lens reflex camera. So, whether your photography is catalog, government, or medical the DCS 330 allows you to easily integrate professional digital photography into your daily workflow.
The DCS 330's new ITO-based, 3-million-pixel CCD (2008 x 1504) improves spectral response and increases light sensitivity. At 10 bits per pixel, it delivers exceptional color. And, with the advanced anti-aliasing technology, the DCS 330 Camera delivers beautiful, moir�-free images. "
(This seems to be Kodak's initial response to the Nikon D1, although no pricing information is available at this time, interesting move from the 3:2 aspect ratio seen on other Kodak Pro digicams to the more computer-based 4:3 ratio)
US$5,249 price from Precision Camera.
- 3 megapixel CCD (2008 x 1504 @ 10-bits)
- Image aspect ratio: 4:3
- Integrated optical anti-aliasing filter
- Internal 32MB RAM buffer
- Burst: 1fps up to 8 images (full resolution)
- ISO range: 125 to 400
- 1.8" LCD
- Nikon Pronea 6i SLR Camera body
- Accepts NIKKOR AF and F-mount lenses and NIKON SB series flash attachments
- Built-in flash
- Microphone for voice annotation
- Storage: PCMCIA Type III / 2 x PCMCIA Type II / Compact Flash
- Connectivity: IEEE 1394 (FireWire)
- Power: Six AA batteries, NiMH or NiCD recommended (not supplied) / AC adapter
- Size: 6.9 in. (174 mm) tall, 5.3 in. (137 mm) wide, 3.0 in. (76 mm) deep
- Weight: 2.8 lbs. (1.08 kg) [body and strap - no lens]