Jobs at dpreview.com
Software Development Engineer, Digital Photography Review
Digital Photography Review (DPReview.com) is seeking a talented, passionate, and creative engineer to help us build the future of the world's most popular digital camera website. You will leverage our unique position in the industry to constantly strive for smarter and better ways to deliver the content, services, and tools that have made it such a success.
Your core focus will be to build the next generation of web and mobile experiences for DPReview.com. This includes shopping and comparison tools for photographic gear, community and social features focused on photography enthusiasts, and other special projects on the roadmap.
While a part of Amazon, DPReview has its own unique culture. It's a startup-like environment backed by an industry leader. Engineers will have an opportunity to partner with our in-house product management and editorial teams to help shape projects from concept to delivery.
If you're looking for an opportunity to be a part of a small, lean team that'll work across the stack on a variety of interesting problems, then this is it!
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Some design and / or UX experience a big plus
- Proficient in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
- Strong problem solving skills and computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- Experience with REST and other web service models
Senior Product Manager, Digital Photography Review
Have you ever spent hours scouring the web in search of a concise and honest recommendation of which product to buy? Do you wish publishers and e-commerce sites did a better job of identifying the best products for your needs? Do you want to have the ability to help millions of customers find the right product, all the while influencing manufacturers across entire industries?
DPReview.com is re-inventing the way customers research which products to buy. We are seeking a motivated, innovative, customer obsessed Product Manager to lead key initiatives focused on the intersection of web publishing, product evaluation, consumer research, and e-commerce. You will possess a laser focus on consumer trends and behaviors, with the ability to synthesize data into actionable insights, and able to create influential recommendations and business cases to high level stakeholders across Amazon.com.
The right candidate will possess a proven track record of business and product management, experience developing products from market research through to public launch. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and act as an accelerator to partner teams across Amazon.com. The candidate should have a track record of timely delivery of large scale projects, and have the ability to operate independently.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Own the business case, definition, development and ongoing improvement of products or features that advance DPReview.com and Amazon's already best-in-class customer shopping experiences.
- Drive business analysis and experimentation, capturing insights that inform the long-term strategy and roadmap for your products
- Identify, develop, manage, and execute uncovered opportunities and present business proposals that will help shape the future of product evaluation, consumer publishing, and customer shopping experiences.
- Develop and maintain a deep competitive and market research awareness, and think big to identify global opportunities worthy of investment.
- Own the product end-to-end from the front-end customer experience to the underlying technical integration and framework across many layers of Amazon technology.
- Partner with key business and technology leaders across the organization to execute initiatives
- Operate with significant autonomy to deliver results and achieve the goals and objectives of both your team and the broader organization
- Bachelor degree in a field with a strong emphasis on business or technology (Computer Science, Engineering, Economics)
- 5+ years of experience in product management, technology implementation, or start-up launching
- Experience in conducting market research and developing business cases and proposals using both qualitative and quantitative evidence.
- Demonstrable experience launching products or companies.
- Excellent Verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Must be passionate about web and mobile customer experiences, online communities, e-commerce behaviors, and have a demonstrated track record of staying ahead of the curve
- Solid experience in a product management or equivalent role, preferably in launching new products or businesses, with a demonstrated ability to drive product planning, development, launch and lifecycle management.
- Fearless ability to jump in and do whatever needs to get done to ship.
- Outstanding track record of building very strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Bias for action, and experience making things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environme
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Would you like to write for dpreview?
We are currently recruiting freelance writers and bloggers to expand dpreview's coverage of photography to encompass everything from video editing to camera accessories to composition and lighting technique. You don't need to be a professional writer or previously published, but you do need to be able to show you're able to produce work to our incredibly high standards. We're specifically looking for people who can write in an engaging and authoritative manner on the following topics (or you can suggest your own):
- Photo technique
- Accessory reviews
- Software technique
- Accessory reviews and roundups
- Software reviews and roundups
- Book reviews
- Printers and printing technique
- Video/movie capture (technique, technology, reviews)
- Photographer profiles and interviews
- Tips for aspiring professionals
- Opinion pieces
In return we can guarantee you competitive payment rates and/or unrivalled exposure on the world's busiest digital photography website and SEO-friendly links to your own websites.
- To apply please use our feedback form with a short description of yourself, your qualifications and the areas where you'd be interesting in contributing.
- Include links to examples of your work.
- Tell us what the first 2 or 3 articles you would like to write would be.