Jobs at dpreview.com
dpreview.com is the world's leading digital photography website, with unrivalled product reviews, daily breaking news and an active forums community. Established in 1998 dpreview.com has grown to attract over eight million unique visitors each month and around 1.3bn page views a year. In May 2007 dpreview.com was acquired by Amazon.com and with their help we have added sophisticated community features including fully-fledged photo galleries and a popular photo challenge system. We have exciting plans for 2014 and beyond that will strengthen dpreview.com's position as the premier digital photography destination on the internet.
Editorial Writer, Digital Cameras & Photography (x2)
DPReview.com is looking for two writers to join our growing editorial team based in Seattle, WA. Responsibilities will include testing and producing reviews of digital SLRs, compact cameras, smart phone cameras, lenses and other photographic equipment using our proprietary methodologies and analysis systems in written and video formats. You will also be required to liaise directly with manufacturers, source and produce news stories and other articles and attend trade shows and product launches.
We are looking for candidates who have a deep understanding of the art, science, technology and techniques of digital photography. Specifically you must have a good working knowledge of digital SLR cameras and systems, along with digital photography workflow/processes. We expect you to be able to work on your own to produce reviews from start to finish, with as much attention to detail as we apply to our work.
You should be passionate about digital photography and have a strong understanding of dpreview, our principles and our community. You will be constantly challenged in your work and will be expected to suggest and innovate, including taking part in the expansion of our editorial content.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1 year's experience writing in-depth reviews of digital cameras or similar for a print or online publication.
- Experience working with Photoshop
- Demonstrable photographic ability and technical knowledge
- Authoring tools / experience: Dreamweaver (preferable), Photoshop (essential).
- A good knowledge of web standards such as HTML will be a bonus
- Experience managing internal and external editorial resources and budgets would be preferable.
- Experience producing video content and appearing on-camera.
Would you like to write for dpreview?
We are currently recruiting freelance writers and bloggers to expand dpreview's coverage of photography to encompass everything from video editing to camera accessories to composition and lighting technique. You don't need to be a professional writer or previously published, but you do need to be able to show you're able to produce work to our incredibly high standards. We're specifically looking for people who can write in an engaging and authoritative manner on the following topics (or you can suggest your own):
- Photo technique
- Accessory reviews
- Software technique
- Accessory reviews and roundups
- Software reviews and roundups
- Book reviews
- Printers and printing technique
- Video/movie capture (technique, technology, reviews)
- Photographer profiles and interviews
- Tips for aspiring professionals
- Opinion pieces
In return we can guarantee you competitive payment rates and/or unrivalled exposure on the world's busiest digital photography website (over 20 million visits per month) and SEO-friendly links to your own websites.
- To apply please use our feedback form with a short description of yourself, your qualifications and the areas where you'd be interesting in contributing.
- Include links to examples of your work.
- Tell us what the first 2 or 3 articles you would like to write would be.