Jobs at dpreview.com
Software Development Engineer, Digital Photography Review
Digital Photography Review (DPReview.com) is seeking a talented, passionate, and creative engineer to help us build the future of the world's most popular digital camera website. You will leverage our unique position in the industry to constantly strive for smarter and better ways to deliver the content, services, and tools that have made it such a success.
Your core focus will be to build the next generation of web and mobile experiences for DPReview.com. This includes shopping and comparison tools for photographic gear, community and social features focused on photography enthusiasts, and other special projects on the roadmap.
While a part of Amazon, DPReview has its own unique culture. It's a startup-like environment backed by an industry leader. Engineers will have an opportunity to partner with our in-house product management and editorial teams to help shape projects from concept to delivery.
If you're looking for an opportunity to be a part of a small, lean team that'll work across the stack on a variety of interesting problems, then this is it!
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Some design and / or UX experience a big plus
- Proficient in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
- Strong problem solving skills and computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- Experience with REST and other web service models
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Would you like to write for dpreview?
We are currently recruiting freelance writers and bloggers to expand dpreview's coverage of photography to encompass everything from video editing to camera accessories to composition and lighting technique. You don't need to be a professional writer or previously published, but you do need to be able to show you're able to produce work to our incredibly high standards. We're specifically looking for people who can write in an engaging and authoritative manner on the following topics (or you can suggest your own):
- Photo technique
- Accessory reviews
- Software technique
- Accessory reviews and roundups
- Software reviews and roundups
- Book reviews
- Printers and printing technique
- Video/movie capture (technique, technology, reviews)
- Photographer profiles and interviews
- Tips for aspiring professionals
- Opinion pieces
In return we can guarantee you competitive payment rates and/or unrivalled exposure on the world's busiest digital photography website and SEO-friendly links to your own websites.
- To apply please use our feedback form with a short description of yourself, your qualifications and the areas where you'd be interesting in contributing.
- Include links to examples of your work.
- Tell us what the first 2 or 3 articles you would like to write would be.