There should be a Best Video Camera in this category. and the winner goes to Sony A7S-II.period
DanceOfLight: A digital equivalent of Pentax LX with all the beautiful manual controls and added digital bits. 24 mm × 36 mm sensor with no AA filter. Keep the mount, throw the mirror out, bring in the EVF and we are done.
- Tripod mount needs to be aligned in the exact center of the lens mount. optional -Add another tripod mount for vertical shooting without clumsy L brackets (645NII/645D come to mind)
- Give me clean pixels instead of Giga pixles any day
- Throw in a few F1.8 leaf shutter primes for silent operation and great flash sync
- Keep the weather sealing and the line of WR lens
- Bring a few decently priced TS lens
result - Happy puppy :)
not bad :) you have some nice points!
Foveonite: My DREAM camera will be
18-36 megapixel per layer, 36 x 24mm 3-layer Foveron Sensor, 51-point D800 autofocus technology, dual SD card, 600-800 raw shots battery life, 100% frame coverage, 1.0-1.25x magnification. (nikon ISO technology) ISO 50-25600(very usable at 6400), Shutterspeed 60sec to 1/8000 sec
body, similar to EOS 7D, 5Dmk3, D800 (any one also can). Canon EF-Mount for Lens, and Canon Flash mount.
Expanded body kit's battery can discharge to Flash Unit.
Raw file format which can be supported by Adobe PhotoshopWeather/Dust sealing + resistance (like Pentax K5, EOS 7D)Burst at 6fps, limit 30shots, finish buffer <5secExternal Mic-ableFirst shot from startup <2sec
Good to haves:3-layer Foveron Full HD RAW movie at 60fps (unlimited recording)LCD screen that can swivel and rotatescreen technology same as HTC J Butterfly(non-pentile)
Price range about 4-5k USD
My DREAM camera will be