LensBeginner: Call me Mr. Grumpy, but I mainly see many oversaturated, overexposed and overprocessed photos...I like some, though, like Nos. 4-5-6-10.Not much else.
@Roland Karlssonwait... shouldn't the winner of the competition get... an award!? :-D We'll see who the winner will be
@b crawThanks for your kind words,I hope that you noticed the tone of my rebuttal, which was, I do believe - calm and self-controlled
7. If I had equally flattered every single gallery here then my praise would be devoided of significance.I'm happy to comment favourably on the many astounding photos and portfolios Dpreview regularly publishes (and those get much more comments than this one, go figure...), and give praise to those who, IMHO, rightfully deserve it.However, I'm sorry to say, that's not the case.
4. I take pictures as a hobby, and when one of my pictures has good composition, portrays an interesting subject, but I've been sloppy with, say, exposure or pp (RAW development, mainly), then I'm not happy with what I've done.I'm not a "pro", in the sense that I don't get a living out of it, but had I been up to similar quality standards in my job (which is not photography) I think I would have been fired immediately. There's a fierce competition in almost every field nowadays.
5. @: Are you then suggesting that professionals should only worry about subject and composition? That's beyond preposterous.
6. You say I should care about the content of those photos, not the form: well I admit I did not say that in the first place, but most of these are flat and unimaginative under this perspective as well. Hell, many of those don't even tell a story.(continues)
1. Are you implying that an amateur cannot criticise a professional, ever?What do you do when you see, say, a pro guitarist fumbling over the fingerboard with a super-distorted effect plugged in? Based on your post you are only allowed to gape in awe because he's the pro and you're the amateur.
2. I never suggested nor implied that I was able to take better photos than those guy here, however this seems to be one of the main targets of you're ridicule.
3. I'd like to point out that there are far better photos online, made by amateurs (on aviation/flightsim enthusiasts fora, or sites like Jetphotos, for instance), and these here are supposedly the best photos from the best photogs who work with RAF and have therefore access to some locations/events which are restricted to the general public (and therefore also to amateur photogs). (continues)
Call me Mr. Grumpy, but I mainly see many oversaturated, overexposed and overprocessed photos...I like some, though, like Nos. 4-5-6-10.Not much else.
carlos roncatti: finally, those fashion photographers now will shoot raw... :)if it takes the phone 2 to 3 seconds (?) to take another shot, how long once you shoot raw?
@HowaboutRAW in 1998 serious photogs stills shot film.P.S.: we're in 2013 now, just so you know ;-)
LensBeginner: About time.What about Android phones?
'Twas a rhetorical question...
About time.What about Android phones?
Polytropia: I don't know about you people, but I want to be able to put my phone in a flatbed scanner to be able to scan it so I can digitize all my photos.
Also I want to be able to use my microfiche machine for something.
That, and my eyes can see over 9000 ppi. Not sure about all of you blind people but I was gifted with an incredible pair of the likes the world has never seen. No pun intended.
...reminds me of those jokes about users calling IT because they had difficulties printing with their monitor overturned on the copier...
===NEWS FLASH===After "Moon" and "Sun" Hasselblad is looking at outer space:next up the Hasselblad K3rbin, based on the Pentax K-3 (but with a meteorite handle).Jebediah Kerman says "Hi!"...-------------------------------
citrontokyo: We still have a lot to "cover." I think that's the hint: "Cover."
I'm pretty sure they're going to come up with some kind of Surface style keyboard cover for the new iPads.
Ok, I'm playing this game as well:We still have a "lot" to cover...A parking lot all covered in iPad/iPhone screens?With dead leaves pictures?:D
LensBeginner: ...just a couple of weeks after that illuminating article about adapters... :-P
Since the article was about misalignment, all three are inherently worse than body+lens.In additio to that, TC and, sometimes, adpters also have some additional glass.
...just a couple of weeks after that illuminating article about adapters... :-P
Julian: Just read Thom Hogan's site for a good write up on this - quite fascinating.
Which one? there are, like, five articles on the D610 on that blog...
Curious to see how the SR is going to cope with AA-function + normal SR work.Maybe the two tasks will remain separated because at speeds faster than 1/1000 SR is not really needed...
Peacock tail! Nice! :-)
dbur: So I have Photoshop CC and LR 5.2. Both claim to be up to date.
When I edit in PS CC from LR I get a message that I need to update to ACR8.2 in PS help update. But of course when I update there is no new update avail.
I downloaded ACR8.2 via direct link and tried to install manually but it says 'not applicable' to any of my products.
What's going on?
I tried to post on adobe forums but lately I can seldom log in. The login just says unknown error try again later, or just reloads a blank page forever.
Did you install Bridge?You have to have Bridge installed, to the best of my knowledge, in order to update Camera Raw.By the way, this is 500Mb of wasted disk space if your workflow only includes LR+PS (=you're a photographer and not a graphic designer)
Tonkotsu Ramen: hello,
will you update this article with iphone 5s results?
it feels a bit odd you guys didn't at least include an iphone 5 in this article.
iPlease... iWe iDon't iNeed iSomething iLike iThat *iAgain*...
AshMills: Why isnt this in Connect?
Hahahaha!Seriously, though, I think the OP was talking in earnest...
Bruce McL: "For most purposed, 3MP is plenty."
People using their camera phones "for most purposes" won't bother reading this website.
You didn't mention anything about how editing and saving JPEG files repeatedly can degrade the quality of the image.
People who care about their final results should use at least 8MP. If you start with 8MP then you will be able to edit and crop and still have something that looks good at the "deliverable" size of 3MP.
Maybe I don't know how to photograph, but kariliceland sure can't edit! :D