Landscape, Nature and Fine Art Photography
mario GTI: Better bring the "Aperture" back!
Me thinks Apple made a big mistake by choosing to do away with Aperture...that was a reason I chose Apple to begin with in the first place. Then again, what do I know?
I don't want it as it does not come in my camera mount. :)
Takes the same battery as the G6 model so users who have that camera won't have to buy extra batteries if they already have back-ups.
SamTrekker: Sad state of affairs. Total disrespect for the Aperture users community not to mention a misalignment of what Apple 'had' represented to the graphics art and ardent supporter of their platform through thick & thin. No!
So very true...
Yes, I too am greatly disappointed in Photos, but more importantly the decision to abandoned Aperture 3. I will think twice before purchasing any other software from Apple in the future. So, I decided to completely remove Aperture 3 from my computer and go basically with Corel's AfterShot Pro 2 for 90 percent of my processing. The other 10 percent will be done on DarkTable software. R.I.P. Aperture 3...GR
David Smith - Photographer: "With a little bit of customization, the E-PL7 can be turned into a very nice camera to shoot with: one that puts key settings at your fingertips, to give a quick and enjoyable shooting experience. "
Exactly, this applies to most Olympus cameras. I feel this is one of the strong points of Olympus MFT cameras. Invest a little time and you will be rewarded.
I replaced my Canon M and lens for this Olympus EPL-7 and am so very happy I did. This camera, once set up to the way you shoot, is so much more capable. It is so much faster shooting than with the M, no delays at all. Plus, for shooting night scenes you have that wonderful live view in bulb mode. Having not used the Olympus menus it took me a little while to go through all of it but I did it. And, if I can do it anyone can! :) This camera is worth a purchase indeed.
Joseph Black: This is a matter of return on investment. Everyone wonders why Canon uses older CMOS chip architecture and DSLR bodies and on and on, but the answer is easy: money. Canon's camera division is making a killing, and until the market forces a change it has no reason to stop laughing all the way to the bank. CSC/ILC sales have been flat for the last few years and DSLR sales have spent most of the time selling at volumes far, far above emerging camera market segments. As DSLR sales started dipping a bit did you notice all of the activity at Canon? G1 X I and II, G7 X, M with a new mount, G3 X upcoming, new Rebel line (smaller, almost ILC like), among other changes. The G1 X line came at the CSC/ILC market from below and the new Rebel line approached from above. The G1 X was too big to sell as much as the RX100, so they immediately started on the G7 X (yeah, Canon develops new cameras which takes time, others adapt and end up with goofy gimmicks and half-baked ideas).
If Canon wants to be a major player in the mirrorless world, they need to introduce the M3 to the North American market. Until then, in my mind at least, they are not a serious player in that market. There are many here who want to purchase the M3 but will not do to not having local support.
One of the reasons I moved to Apple computers was because of Aperture. Now, Apple pulls the plug on it and serves up something less than acceptable for image management. As for LR, I do not care for it. Luckily, there are other options with no thanks to Apple. So, put me in the category of not being very happy about this too.
I for one hate that Apple is leaving Aperture.I will reserve total judgment until I see what capabilities their new Photo X is all about, but I doubt it is going to be as robust and useful as Aperture. I feel like the rug has been pulled out from under my feet. I can see professionals leaving the Mac in droves, that is, the ones that already have not left. What a shame.
komondor: what else to add to the k3? a titling screen!
Better yet, a true articulating screen such as the one on the Panasonic GH3.
dennishancock: Thanks DpReview. Most helpful.
Corel's AfterShot Pro is capable of layers.I have used this program as well as Aperture and ACDSee Pro 3 for Mac. ASP and Aperture are pretty complete programs for post processing;Pro 3 lacks many of the features of the other two, but is quick and nimble for fast processing. I like all three. Check out all three and see which ones fit your particular work flow!