Richard W: How on earth do I now download version 6 that I've paid for?Licence key is still listed but no download link to the last version 6 version.
My customer account no longer has a download link to the software only a paid update option for version 7.
Same thing happened with the Film Pack Upgrade.
Just realised that download links in purchase e-mails still seem to link to original purchases which is great if correct. User oversight not realising this before!
Peter McNeill: Do DXO still use that nasty Pace Anti_Piracy software? Last time I used DXO I swore never again til they got rid of that piece of junk. It gave me fits removing it since it didn't uninstall with DXO.
Many thanks for getting that sorted - I now have a download link for the last version 6 release.
Is it also normal that if you upgrade, that the previous version download link disappears. I ask as I upgraded to Film Pack 3 and the version 2 link disappeared - I'm one of those who often likes to keep older versions of software either to compare output or in case I prefer some aspect of an older app.
From FAQs etc I was also under the impression we could continue to use our older licences as well as upgraded versions, which if so is an excellent policy. If older serial numbers/download links disappear from customer account page however we would need to keep a backup copy somewhere along the way - not an issue, just would be nice to know in advance of updating if older links/serials disappear.
How on earth do I now download version 6 that I've paid for?Licence key is still listed but no download link to the last version 6 version.
PACE is a real disincentive.
I actually bought v6 last Christmas and have not actually activated any of my licenses. I have a complex Mac set up with frequent hardware changes in a Mac Pro. I am quite unclear about how 'licence transfers' work when you upgrade or change you computer hardware. I often swap internal data drives and upgrade GPU and have dual boot system.
A few months ago I emailed support asking if it was better to install or wait for Lion as I was planning to upgrade to that. I was advised to wait which to me implied a problem moving licenses. I have waited several months for a fix for v6 in Lion to prevent a green cast problem in Canon RAW files noted in the Mac forum. Will this update now never see the light of day?
If it were not for your draconian copy protection software I might have actually used the software I paid for some time ago, but concerns reading about problems with PACE and licence transfer ambiguity left me not wanting to activate at all.