Marty4650

Marty4650

Lives in United States NC, United States
Works as a Retired Industrial Engineer
Joined on May 20, 2005

Marty4650's recent activity

  • Replied in Wrong forum
    kushi190 wrote: Which one should I put it in? The "Open Talk" forum probably would be a better choice. You'd get more replies that way. But since you asked.... just three days ago I traded my...
  • Craig Gillette wrote: It may well be that "unreviewed" is a rating in itself... Yes... it is. Dpreview told us they cannot review every camera made, and we all realize this is true. They said they...
  • Since no one is making any bad cameras today, there is a lot of score compression for the Dpreview rating system. It seems like most cameras get gold awards, and the rest get silver awards, with...
  • I'm sure you probably think they told you "70% of the retail selling price for new stock" but the odds are you probably heard it wrong. Because no business could operate that way and last for very...
  • Odds are they were all wearing latex gloves... so they wouldn't leave any fingerprints on the camera. So the workers never actually touched the rubber eyepiece with their bare hands.

    We all know...

  • In fact, they are better than most I have seen taken by highly paid professional photographers. Well done, my friend!
  • I have often been in the same situation where you were... where a friend asked me to photograph a wedding or a special occasion. I always agree to do it, because these are good learning...
  • JulesJ wrote: It is strange how those that often profess to be religious and spout their advice to others who have not asked for it, seem to be the ones who harbour most hate against other...
  • Replied in Keep the camera
    Set to the black and white mode, and you now have a dedicated B&W travel cam.
  • Klaus, everything you said was true. But I want to approach it from another angle. So here are my notes to beginners. Not to be unfriendly, but I still think it needs to be said, I wish you would...
  • Replied in OMG
    I hope you realize that the 12-40mm lens was designed to be the "kit lens" for the E-M1, which is the largest and heaviest M4/3 camera made by Olympus. It has to be relatively large due to the...
  • This is a relatively fast kit lens, and if it was made by anyone but Fuji, it would probably be a f/3.5-5.6. It is a nice lens for street shooting, since it covers the equivalent focal length of...
  • Why?

    Because this is a $400 camera and not a $700 camera like the Styus One. "Knocking off the EVF" wouldn't reduce the price by $300, especially if you want a faster lens too.

    Just wait around...

  • Jkim7 wrote: I'm a very early beginning photographer (can't even really call myself one) and I'm honestly just asking why people think the camera is selling like hotcakes. There's no need to be...
  • I really enjoy living behind the curve. Now that digital cameras are a mature technology, we don't get revolutionary change every year. Instead we get a few tiny incremental improvements....
  • Replied in Some advice
    Every camera you mentioned will do well. We have gotten to the point where no one really makes a bad camera. So decisions are based on preferences and budget. I don't want to confuse you further,...
  • Replied in Think about it
    B&H will allow you to return a camera if you change your mind. But they have some limits: If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return it to B&H within 30 days...
  • If the subject is image quality, then you will get no argument from me. Full frame wins, hands down. However, once we start talking about ergonomics and balance, and the "ease of carrying them...
  • peterharvey wrote: I think that if the OP is not interested in using something like the big Canon EF 70-200 f/4 or f/2.8 +/-IS, then a mirrorless ILC may be fine... These two have the same...
  • Everything you say is true, and your illustrations are very helpful and appropriate. But, here is the real problem.... it is impossible to design a camera that will "counterbalance perfectly" with...
Activity older than 12 months is not displayed.
Total messages 9098
Threads started 232
Last post 11 hours ago
Total comments 549
Total likes 100
Last post 1 week ago
Total reviews 0
Total articles 0
Entries 4
Votes cast 294
Last entry Dec 26, 2010
Photos uploaded 122
Last upload Jul 5, 2010