Old Cathedral (Sé Velha), Coimbra, Portugal
The present church, in the second phase of Coimbra Romanesque style, dates from the 2nd half of the 12th century and was consecrated in 1184. Designed by the French master Robert, its exterior is sturdy and symmetrical, with narrow window-slits and crenellated roof.
In the Eastern façade of the Old Cathedral of Coimbra we can see the lantern-tower, main chapel and North chapel in Romanesque style and the South chapel (visible to the left) is Renaissance.
The dome lined with azulejos and added in the 17th century