Iridient Developer coming to Windows/Linux!

Started Feb 12, 2016 | Discussions
XEddieX
XEddieX Contributing Member • Posts: 747
Iridient Developer coming to Windows/Linux!

Strait from Brian Griffith (author of Iridient Developer):

"Indeed, many, many requests for Windows support. Iridient is a very small company (just myself) and my development experience has mostly been on Mac and Unix systems so it’s slower progress on Windows than I’d like I’ve made attempts to hire outside consulting help for Windows over the years, but no success so far finding someone with skill set and other traits I’d like…

The good news is I’ve made major progress on the Windows (and Linux) ports of much of my RAW processing pipeline in the past couple months. I hoped to have a public beta in Jan-Feb, I’m now aiming for March-April. Initial product(s) on Windows won’t be the full Iridient Developer application, but the most critical processing elements will be there. For those that use a primarily Lightroom based workflow the new product(s) should be more convenient and have a much lower learning curve than a more full featured RAW processor like Iridient Developer anyway."

This was taken from here (in the comments section): www.stevehuffphoto.com/2016/02/08/editing-fujifilm-raw-files-with-iridient-developer-for-more-wow-by-axel-friberg/

Gilly73 Forum Member • Posts: 94
Re: Iridient Developer coming to Windows/Linux!

Excellent news.

Gilly73's gear list:Gilly73's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +4 more
JS Burnie
JS Burnie Veteran Member • Posts: 4,147

I hope this spurs the Photo Ninja team to accelerate their next major release.

-- hide signature --
 JS Burnie's gear list:JS Burnie's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +5 more
awgk Regular Member • Posts: 288

When he says it won't be the full development software,  I  hope that is just temporary as it has a great reputation on the Mac and would like all the features. Thanks to the developer.

awgk's gear list:awgk's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +2 more
RobertMachin Regular Member • Posts: 356

Looking forward to test it!

RobertMachin's gear list:RobertMachin's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony a6000 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 Canon EOS R +15 more
XEddieX
OP XEddieX Contributing Member • Posts: 747

I'm surprised more people aren't kind of excited since they say this RAW converter is really good on apple computers.

Sal Baker Forum Pro • Posts: 11,490

Rally Man wrote:

I'm surprised more people aren't kind of excited since they say this RAW converter is really good on apple computers.

The Windows version will be a basic converter, stripped down version compared to the Mac version.  People are probably waiting to see how much of the good stuff survives the transition.

Sal

Sal Baker's gear list:Sal Baker's gear list
Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T100 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
Robert Snow Senior Member • Posts: 1,053

Well, since I don't have a Mac or the full version, I couldn't know unless someone uses both and posts the comparison.

That said, I would love to have the opportunity to give it a try on Windows!!  Too many people swear by it and I would like to see what all the fuss is about!

bob snow

spa100
spa100 Regular Member • Posts: 111

Robert Snow wrote:

Well, since I don't have a Mac or the full version, I couldn't know unless someone uses both and posts the comparison.

That said, I would love to have the opportunity to give it a try on Windows!! Too many people swear by it and I would like to see what all the fuss is about!

bob snow

I agree. I'm a LR user and it would be nice to have a comparison of the Iridient version that is available now on the Mac to that planned for the PC release.

spa100's gear list:spa100's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Nikon D7100 Fujifilm X-T30 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +4 more
Phil1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,818

That would be really great! How will we get to hear of when it is available - does anyone know?

It would be very useful to discover what adjustments will be availble on release in converting a RAW file.

I look forward with great anticipation to Iridient for Windows, even if it is a cut down version initially.

Phil

YES! Thank you very much!

Phil

ken224 Regular Member • Posts: 396

Yay!

Seems too good to be true, but if it happens, I will most certainly buy it. I am even more interested in the Linux version, but Windows will do nicely.

Where do I sign?

ken224's gear list:ken224's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +3 more

Hi Rally Man

Yes that's the one. THANK YOU!

Phil

Photography201 Senior Member • Posts: 1,093

It is a good program

-- hide signature --

I am ryan2007 reincarnated

SithTracy
SithTracy Regular Member • Posts: 364

Would love to see it come to Linux and Windows.  I'll believe it when it actually happens though.  Would love to see it come out and be just as good or better than the OS X version which already is amazing with RAF files.

But the code is maintained by one guy... if he gets bored, burnt out, a great product dies.  Seen it happen before with other products.

SithTracy's gear list:SithTracy's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +20 more
Sal Baker Forum Pro • Posts: 11,490

SithTracy wrote:

Would love to see it come to Linux and Windows. I'll believe it when it actually happens though. Would love to see it come out and be just as good or better than the OS X version which already is amazing with RAF files.

But the code is maintained by one guy... if he gets bored, burnt out, a great product dies. Seen it happen before with other products.

I would be very happy with the latest release if Brian decided to retire.  He turns out more updates and innovation than the big guys, it's amazing.

Sal

Sal Baker's gear list:Sal Baker's gear list
Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T100 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
StephaneB Contributing Member • Posts: 970

JS Burnie wrote:

I hope this spurs the Photo Ninja team to accelerate their next major release.

The Photo Ninja "team" is just one person, like for Iridient.

StephaneB's gear list:StephaneB's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +10 more
Brian Griffith Regular Member • Posts: 213

SithTracy wrote:

Would love to see it come to Linux and Windows. I'll believe it when it actually happens though. Would love to see it come out and be just as good or better than the OS X version which already is amazing with RAF files.

But the code is maintained by one guy... if he gets bored, burnt out, a great product dies. Seen it happen before with other products.

This happens with the huge multi-billion dollar companies too... see Apple Aperture, Google Picasa, etc. Can't guarantee my product(s) will keep improving forever, but I think I have a pretty darn good 11+ year track record so far and hope to keep at for many years to come I'm certainly not bored or burnt out yet and have a long list of new innovations and new products I hope to get to in the future.

Do note that the initial Windows products I have planned will definitely not be the full Iridient Developer application as now exists on Mac OS X. Initial Windows/Linux products will be very much stripped down to the essentials initially, if all goes well I plan to continue to expand my cross platform offerings to more full featured RAW conversion type applications and/or other non-RAW imaging programs.

I plan to make it so that anyone who purchases the initial product(s) on Windows/Linux will be able to get a discount equal to much if not 100% of the cost of the initial product(s) when upgrading to a more full featured, more expensive, future Iridient product if they want.

Brian Griffith

Iridient Digital

Gilly73 Forum Member • Posts: 94

Hi Brian

I can't wait to try your software. Thanks for making the decision to bring it to Windows; I'm sure it would have been so easy to save yourself the extra work and simply keep it exclusive to Mac OS. You must like a challenge!

Gill

Gilly73's gear list:Gilly73's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +4 more
Re: Wonderful! Iridient Developer coming to Windows/Linux!

I can't wait!

I'd love to have the Iridient demosaicing algorithms for Fuji on my PC and, if at all possible, with some of the basic usual RAW adjustments i.e. WB/colour temp, exposure, shadow, highlight, white, black & saturation.

The rest I can do with other S/W, until the full package emerges in the future.

Phil

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads