Dehaze presets for LR 6, download here.

Started Jun 21, 2015 | Discussions
nand
nand Veteran Member • Posts: 3,195
Dehaze presets for LR 6, download here.

These are 11 presets for Dehaze from 0 to 100 in 10 step increments, both positive and negative.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1jy21gRVHCHa01LSFNkM0NJTkE/view?usp=sharing

Download the above linked zip file and unzip.

Create two preset folders in Lightroom; one called "Dehaze +" and one called "Dehaze -" for the two sets of 11 presets. Do this by right clicking in the preset window in Lightroom and selecting "New Folder" and naming it.

Copy the correct contents of each of the unzipped files in the just created folders. Do this by rightclicking on the just created folder and selecting "Import" etc.

Restart Lightroom. Important it appears!

Nand.

nand's gear list:nand's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +30 more
cfh25 Senior Member • Posts: 1,070
Re: Dehaze presets for LR 6, download here.

Thanks for those - makes a large difference:

Without:

With dehaze +80:

Antony John Senior Member • Posts: 1,255

Not always a panacea:

Quick Edit

Dehaze 50

Flat

Pictures taken with a D90 a few years back, 80-200 lens at 112mm and F2.8, ISO 400 (don't have too many with a haze - this time early morning mist)

"Flat" is camera 'standard (2012)' and all other sliders set to mid point or zero (like sharpening, NR etc).

Dehaze = flat + 50 Dehaze.

The browns seem over saturated on the Dehaze example.

'Horses for courses' ( pun intended ).

Some might like to 'play' with the 'Flat' image and see what they can achieve - for me it was just a 'quick attempt' to emulate the DeHaze function.

-- hide signature --

AJ
Carpe diem - or not ...

Antony John's gear list:Antony John's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D90 Nikon D600 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Nikon D810 +22 more
Keit ll Veteran Member • Posts: 4,547

Your quick edit looks right to me , not all photos with haze or fog need to have it totally removed ? I ended up with a very similar image to yours.

Dareshooter Veteran Member • Posts: 4,138

Levels adjustment only.

Keit ll wrote:

Your quick edit looks right to me , not all photos with haze or fog need to have it totally removed ? I ended up with a very similar image to yours.

Agree, fog/mist/haze often add to the atmosphere of the picture. This particular photo was one which exhibited haze - don't have too many and others I tried ended up looking 'Garish'.

-- hide signature --

AJ
Carpe diem - or not ...

Dareshooter wrote:

Levels adjustment only.

This rendition probably looks the most 'natural' than the 2 edits I posted. One can do a lot with the sliders currently available without resorting to the 'dehaze' control. I think the Dehaze facility might be more suitable for landscapes?

-- hide signature --

AJ
Carpe diem - or not ...

Keit ll Veteran Member • Posts: 4,547

I though that I may as well post my version ,produced in Nik Color efex 4 using color contrast plugin. Note that i have cloned out the partially hidden zebra behind the main subjects rear flanks

Antony John wrote:

Not always a panacea:

Quick Edit

Dehaze 50

Flat

Pictures taken with a D90 a few years back, 80-200 lens at 112mm and F2.8, ISO 400 (don't have too many with a haze - this time early morning mist)

"Flat" is camera 'standard (2012)' and all other sliders set to mid point or zero (like sharpening, NR etc).

Some might like to 'play' with the 'Flat' image and see what they can achieve - for me it was just a 'quick attempt' to emulate the DeHaze function.

Tom M1
Tom M1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,870

So, I have installed the presets according to the instructions.

Restarted LR6.

They show up in Library and Develop mode.

But there is no effect either with hovering over the preset or clicking on it.

Selections show in history but no change on the image.

All other presets work.

Have these been tested on a Mac?

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

-- show signature --

Tom M1's gear list:Tom M1's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 35mm F2.0 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 50mm f/2.5 Macro +2 more
nand
OP nand Veteran Member • Posts: 3,195
It wasn't tried on Mac.

It wasn't tried on Mac; sorry. I will look into what the differences could be.

Nand.

Fujifilm X100F Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +30 more
mikes
mikes Veteran Member • Posts: 3,437

I tried Athensoft (with Corel) on default, then stripped the blue channel, then decided to add back a bit on the top to add a sky with mist in the BG.

Antony John wrote:

Not always a panacea:

Quick Edit

Dehaze 50

Flat

-- hide signature --

Only when you can criticize yourself, should you criticize others. Mikes.

nand
Tried it on a MAC and it works there too.

OK, I tried it on a MacBook Air after a fresh install and update of Lightroom 6. I followed my above instructions and installed the presets as I would for a PC. It all worked as it should. Hovering works too.

Nand.

Tom M1 wrote:

Restarted LR6.

All other presets work.

Thanks.

mikes wrote:

I tried Athensoft (with Corel) on default, then stripped the blue channel, then decided to add back a bit on the top to add a sky with mist in the BG.

Antony John wrote:

Not always a panacea:

Quick Edit

Dehaze 50

Flat

Hi Mikes,

Yes, that's pretty reminiscent of what it should look like (with haze stripped). As mentioned, the new LR/PS 'DeHaze is not a 'cure all' and more useful in some areas than others. Comforting to know (in this case anyway) that DeHzaze is not a necessity.

-- hide signature --

AJ
Carpe diem - or not ...

Tom M1
Tom M1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,870
Re: Tried it on a MAC and it works there too.

Hmmm... Reinstalled (presets) and now they work, even without restarting Lr.

Thank you.

nand wrote:

OK, I tried it on a MacBook Air after a fresh install and update of Lightroom 6. I followed my above instructions and installed the presets as I would for a PC. It all worked as it should. Hovering works too.

Nand.

Tom M1 wrote:

Restarted LR6.

All other presets work.

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

-- show signature --

Tom M1's gear list:Tom M1's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 35mm F2.0 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 50mm f/2.5 Macro +2 more
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 4,585

Do you not get these Dehaze filters in the stand alone version of LR6/6.1?

-- hide signature --

A photograph is usually looked at - seldom looked into – Ansel Adams

Bene Placito Contributing Member • Posts: 735

ADMint wrote:

Unfortunately, no. Adobe is doing everything it can to force users into their rental plan.

I'm currently investigating whether or not this type of activity by Adobe is legal in Australia.

B

Bene Placito's gear list:Bene Placito's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100 Leica X Vario Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon 1 V1 +37 more
nand
Dehaze presets are for LR 6 stand alone version.

Bene Placito wrote:

ADMint wrote:

Unfortunately, no. Adobe is doing everything it can to force users into their rental plan.

I'm currently investigating whether or not this type of activity by Adobe is legal in Australia.

B

The Dehaze filter exists in both CC and the stand alone LR 6.1 version. The stand alone version does not have the slider control to use the filters as the CC version has. The above work around is meant for the stand alone version and solves this problem by creating 11 shortcuts that create access to the filters.

Nand.

Bene Placito wrote:

ADMint wrote:

Yeah I just heard about it in my post here. Anyway good luck in the legal stuff, but somehow I'm thinking Adobe will prevail.

-- hide signature --

Re: Dehaze presets are for LR 6 stand alone version.

nand wrote:

The Dehaze filter exists in both CC and the stand alone LR 6.1 version. The stand alone version does not have the slider control to use the filters as the CC version has. The above work around is meant for the stand alone version and solves this problem by creating 11 shortcuts that create access to the filters.

If Adobe chooses not to add it to the stand alone version, I've a feeling they'll patch the "workaround" out. Some software vendors will do that just to "force" users to their more "feature rich" version. Microsoft did this a few times with Win 8 and some third party start menu hacks.  Creative Labs once did this with a driver on an older soundcard.

Anyway I think I'm going to join the dark side by going with the CC package. I'm only doing it because of Lightroom as I've already got PS6.

Peace.

-- hide signature --

Bene Placito Contributing Member • Posts: 735
Re: Dehaze presets are for LR 6 stand alone version.

nand wrote:

Bene Placito wrote:

ADMint wrote:

B

Nand.

Yes. I acknowledge that and have thanked you earlier for your work in bringing this to our notice.

My message was directed to the efforts Adobe are going to in order people become of the opinion they will need to pay into the subscription program to continue getting all the goodies which Adobe add. It's not a terribly ethical way of doing business.

Bene Placito's gear list:Bene Placito's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100 Leica X Vario Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon 1 V1 +37 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads