*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.08.23 ***

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Wormsmeat
Senior MemberPosts: 4,581Gear list
Like?
*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.08.23 ***
2 months ago

Good morning everyone...thanks for all those filling in for me while I've been away. Important to keep this thread going as more people now read it than the UK Sunday Times, New York Times and Cosmopoloitan magazine combined*.

• Reply to THIS message when posting your own pictures.
  • Keep it polite.
  • If you find someone else's work interesting, leave a comment.
  • Newbies encouraged.
  • Photographs do not have to have been taken this week.
  • Images are often more impressive when viewed large.
  • Apologies if I don't reply to everyone.

***PLEASE NOTE***

We will start Part 2 of this thread before this one is full. At around 110/150 posts.

• This allows people to continue to post comments about existing pics in Part 1
  • It will prevents the tail-enders on Part 1 getting no comments at all.
  • Feel free to continue to post COMMENTS AND REPLIES to PART 1 but...
  • When PART 2 has been launched, post all new PHOTOGRAPHS to that.

* I made this up.

Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,708Gear list
Like?
Nice to have you back
In reply to Wormsmeat, 2 months ago

Welcome back, Wormsmeat.

It's 4:50 am my time. I'm about to head out to find some place to take advantage of the golden hour that's coming shortly. I hope to have something fresh that is worthy of this thread later.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
yyr
yyr
Senior MemberPosts: 2,908
Like?
Welcome back

Wormsmeat wrote:

Good morning everyone...thanks for all those filling in for me while I've been away. Important to keep this thread going as more people now read it than the UK Sunday Times, New York Times and Cosmopoloitan magazine combined*.

* I made this up.

Ha ha - that's very funny. Good to have you back!

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

Wormsmeat
Like?
Berlin Jewish Memorial

These photos are taken at the Berlin Jewish Memorial. It's an extraordinary place, 5 acres of varying concrete blocks which according to architect Peter Eisenman "represent a supposedly ordered system that has lost touch with human reason".

As a piece of art that humans can interact with, it's breathtaking. As a memorial to the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, it's chilling.

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: Nice to have you back
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 2 months ago

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

Welcome back, Wormsmeat.

It's 4:50 am my time. I'm about to head out to find some place to take advantage of the golden hour that's coming shortly. I hope to have something fresh that is worthy of this thread later.

Thanks Bro'.

Got some of my own Florida Nature pictures in the pipeline. But Berlin is the gift that keeps on giving.

kiwigirl
Senior MemberPosts: 1,362Gear list
Like?
Re: *** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.08.23 ***

About this time of the year this bush comes into flower in the local park and attracts the monarch butterflies.  And each year I try to get that winning shot!  Not much luck so far this year - the butterflies are all looking very battered and tatty  And it's times like this that you still cant getenough DOF from m4/3!  -

kiwigirl's gear list:kiwigirl's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 +5 more
Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: Welcome back
In reply to yyr, 2 months ago

yyr wrote:

Wormsmeat wrote:

* I made this up.

Thanks Yaelle, good work while I was away. I brought you back a burger from the States as a reward but I'm afraid I ate it.

Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: *** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.08.23 ***
In reply to kiwigirl, 2 months ago

kiwigirl wrote:

And it's times like this that you still cant get enough DOF from m4/3! -

Yes - I had a dabble in this area recently and agree.

yyr
yyr
Like?
Re: Welcome back

Wormsmeat wrote:

yyr wrote:

Wormsmeat wrote:

* I made this up.

Thanks Yaelle, good work while I was away. I brought you back a burger from the States as a reward but I'm afraid I ate it.

Probably just as well you ate it. I wouldn't want to get fat

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

kiwigirl
Senior MemberPosts: 1,362Gear list
Like?
Re: Berlin Jewish Memorial

Certainly looks an extraordinary place.  I've never seen or heard of it before - thanks for showing us!

kiwigirl's gear list:kiwigirl's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 +5 more
yyr
yyr
Like?
My Lonely Bench

My only photo this week - taken with my iphone and an unsteady hand. I like it nonetheless.

Edit: It's OK - I'm not planning to give up the day job!

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------

yyr
yyr
Like?
Re: Berlin Jewish Memorial

Superb....and chilling. The second is the most fun but the last is the most moving.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------

jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,219Gear list
Like?
Some abstract stuff

And a duck.

Mmmmmm...tasty greens....

That orange leaf might be the harbinger of an early Fall...

cfh25
Contributing MemberPosts: 834
Like?
Portomarin, Galicia

A day of fluffy white clouds yesterday:

Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: My Lonely Bench
In reply to yyr, 2 months ago

I like it too. For something taken with such a modern appliance it has a surprisingly vintage feel.

Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: Some abstract stuff
In reply to jalywol, 2 months ago

I like the last a lot. The duck looks like a model.

Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: Portomarin, Galicia
In reply to cfh25, 2 months ago

Love these, they're the sort of pictures one can gaze at from a depressing office environment to cheer oneself up.

sylon
Regular MemberPosts: 208Gear list
Like?
Random

station

Sunset from my window

Shot with sun directly on the left then tried to bring up the shadows but was too dark

sylon's gear list:sylon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +2 more
klythawk
Regular MemberPosts: 269Gear list
Like?
E-M5/60mm macro's

Brown Argus covered in early morning dew.

Young Blue-tailed Damselfly.

Cinnabar moth caterpillar.

Brown Argus catching the light.....

Thanks for looking. John

-- hide signature --
 klythawk's gear list:klythawk's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus E-M1 Nikon D610 Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D +6 more
TheManWhoWas
Regular MemberPosts: 114Gear list
Like?
Re: Clouds

I spend a lot of time with my head in the clouds at the best of times, but this summer in the alps I got to do it literally!

Mannlichen cablecar station looking *down* towards Wengen.

Mannlichen view of the Lauterbrunnen valley.

Birg cablecar station leading to the Schilthorn.

TheManWhoWas's gear list:TheManWhoWas's gear list
Olympus E-510 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 25mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads