Discounted "Refurbished" D810s coming?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
mhammon
Regular MemberPosts: 160Gear list
Like?
Discounted "Refurbished" D810s coming?
4 months ago

With all these folks exchanging their D810s with retailers like B&H, I imagine it won't be long before we see some discounted "refurbished" D810s on NikonUSA's web site.

 mhammon's gear list:mhammon's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
abcdefghijklmnop
Contributing MemberPosts: 897Gear list
Like?
Re: Discounted "Refurbished" D810s coming?
In reply to mhammon, 4 months ago

True, I would expect a 4 to 5 week delay between this week and when they start to show up.

A D810 at a 3 or 4 hundred dollar discount would be a great bargain.

 abcdefghijklmnop's gear list:abcdefghijklmnop's gear list
Nikon D4s Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Frank C.
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,550
Like?
Re: Discounted "Refurbished" D810s coming?
In reply to abcdefghijklmnop, 4 months ago

abcdefghijklmnop wrote:

True, I would expect a 4 to 5 week delay between this week and when they start to show up.

A D810 at a 3 or 4 hundred dollar discount would be a great bargain.

But what about the white dots? What if the refurb doesn't have the black dot to take care of the white dots. It's really not a clear cut black or white situation to me

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
leicaman
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,638
Like?
Re: Discounted "Refurbished" D810s coming?
In reply to Frank C., 4 months ago

OUCH!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
larrywilson
Senior MemberPosts: 3,473Gear list
Like?
Re: Discounted "Refurbished" D810s coming?
In reply to leicaman, 4 months ago

People sending in cameras that don't have the black dot really don't want the d810 very badly.  This issue is a very minor issue, my gosh.  The d810 camera is the best released camera in years.  Nikon has done one heck of a job with this camera.

Larry

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
abcdefghijklmnop
Contributing MemberPosts: 897Gear list
Like?
Re: Discounted "Refurbished" D810s coming?
In reply to Frank C., 4 months ago

Frank C. wrote:

abcdefghijklmnop wrote:

True, I would expect a 4 to 5 week delay between this week and when they start to show up.

A D810 at a 3 or 4 hundred dollar discount would be a great bargain.

But what about the white dots? What if the refurb doesn't have the black dot to take care of the white dots. It's really not a clear cut black or white situation to me

Really! 

We are talking about a Nikon Refurbished Camera, you know where the camera goes back to Nikon USA and Nikon's technician test and repair any issues. Such as update the software for this thermal spot thing.

 abcdefghijklmnop's gear list:abcdefghijklmnop's gear list
Nikon D4s Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Cameron Habib
Contributing MemberPosts: 757Gear list
Like?
Re: Discounted "Refurbished" D810s coming?
In reply to mhammon, 4 months ago

mhammon wrote:

With all these folks exchanging their D810s with retailers like B&H, I imagine it won't be long before we see some discounted "refurbished" D810s on NikonUSA's web site.

I'm not sure how many people, aside from those that visit photography forums or blogs on a regular basis (which likely isn't that many people in the larger scheme of things), are really aware of the issue, let alone are made aware of it within the return period, and are willing to go through the process of exchanging rather than just going through a repair.

My guess is you will see no more nor fewer refurbs than with any other model when it's first introduced. Th

 Cameron Habib's gear list:Cameron Habib's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Epson Stylus Pro 3880 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Ernie Misner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,830
Like?
Re: Discounted "Refurbished" D810s coming?
In reply to Cameron Habib, 4 months ago

If you do wind up purchasing one from Adorama be sure and get Adorama's own extra warranty for only $7.95.   An extra year...

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads