lesser yellowlegs

Started 11 months ago | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
olmail
Senior MemberPosts: 1,217Gear list
Like?
lesser yellowlegs
11 months ago

was much closer to this guy than I can usually get but hard to lock focus with him in all the tall grass. pretty happy with this one

lesser yellowlegs

olmail's gear list:olmail's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +5 more
NikonNature
Senior MemberPosts: 1,069Gear list
Like?
Re: lesser yellowlegs
In reply to olmail, 11 months ago

Yeah, they usually keep a safe distance that is often beyond my lens's reach. But occasionally they surprise you like this.

Looks like you did a good job focusing and tracking him as he walked the shoreline. I always try to include room for the feet even if they're not visible. My mind seems to expect a certain amount of space where the feet would be. Very nice image though and definitely sharp.

NikonNature's gear list:NikonNature's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
olmail
olmail OP
Senior MemberPosts: 1,217Gear list
Like?
Re: lesser yellowlegs
In reply to NikonNature, 11 months ago

too much for my mind to move the focus point while trying to follow the continually moving bird. you caught on the one thing I wish I had done better. even though the feet would have been behind the rocks the shot would have been a lot better if it had space for them.

olmail's gear list:olmail's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads