Looking for Wireless remote shutter release for FZ1000

Started 1 month ago | Discussions
2stepbay
Regular MemberPosts: 205
Like?
Looking for Wireless remote shutter release for FZ1000
1 month ago

Anyone come across a wireless remote shutter release, compatible with the FZ1000?

I tried the wifi option with my iPod Touch. Way to clunky for what I want...which is a simple shutter release. My primary use will be to activate the shutter wirelessly when shooting a bracketed shot from a tripod.

Do not understand why Panasonic chose to omit the 2 or 10 second time release option for a bracketed shot.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Hatstand
Contributing MemberPosts: 971Gear list
Like?
Re: Looking for Wireless remote shutter release for FZ1000
In reply to 2stepbay, 1 month ago

2stepbay wrote:

Anyone come across a wireless remote shutter release, compatible with the FZ1000?

I tried the wifi option with my iPod Touch. Way to clunky for what I want...which is a simple shutter release. My primary use will be to activate the shutter wirelessly when shooting a bracketed shot from a tripod.

Do not understand why Panasonic chose to omit the 2 or 10 second time release option for a bracketed shot.

I use the same one that worked for my FZ200, and the FZ150 before that:

This one

Panasonic's wired shutter release DMW-RSL1 should also work, or indeed anything compatible with it (like my wireless one)

Hatstand's gear list:Hatstand's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
tyampel
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,778
Like?
In reply to Hatstand, 1 month ago

Check out this one at Amazon.

100M Wireless remote shutter for Panasonic.

You don't need to go for the expensive ones.

Good luck.

-
Tod Yampel
Duck Club member

2stepbay
Like?
In reply to tyampel, 1 month ago

tyampel wrote:

Check out this one at Amazon.

100M Wireless remote shutter for Panasonic.

You don't need to go for the expensive ones.

Good luck.

-
Tod Yampel
Duck Club member

Thanks...

supplying the link .

kkardster
Senior MemberPosts: 4,678Gear list
Like?
In reply to 2stepbay, 1 month ago

I like the Pixel TW-282 wireless remote shutter/intervalometer. Great range and no line-of-sight restriction as required by IR units. You pay a little more for the intervalometer model and since the FZ1000 includes that capability you can get by with one of their lesser remote shutter-only units like the RW-221 should suffice.

Since these aftermarket remotes are compatible with many different cameras, make sure it is labeled/intended for Panasonic/Leica cameras to ensure the proper adapter cable is provided.

-- hide signature --

Bruce
You learn something new every time you press the shutter

kkardster's gear list:kkardster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +5 more
Alexander Meredith
Regular MemberPosts: 259
Like?
In reply to tyampel, 1 month ago

I have been using this brand of wireless remote for several years. Only C$25

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/PIXEL-RW-221-L1-RS1-Wireless-Shutter-Remote-Control-For-Panasonic-Gh2-G2-G1-G10-/300948017657?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4611e651f9

Receiver and transmitter take AAA batteries.....Just order the right cable for your camera brand. If you change brands you can just order a different cable, no need to purchase another remote.

Alexander

2stepbay
Like?
In reply to Hatstand, 1 week ago

Purchased it via Amazon . Works perfectly with the FZ1000. Easy setup and great range. On the Amazon feedback page for this item found these instructions (much better than what comes with the unit):

1) Pay particularly attention to the markings on the receiver body (and not to the springs) when inserting the batteries. I inserted one of the batteries backwards.

2) Make sure all the little switches in the bottoms of the transmitter and receiver are all facing the same way (toward the numbers)

3) The angle connector goes on the camera, the straight one on the receiver

4) The transmitter is always on

5) Hold the on/off switch on the receiver down until the light starts flashing red

6) Hold button on transmitter half way down for focusing (green light on both transmitter and receiver)

7) Press button on transmitter all the way in for shutter release (red light on both the transmitter and receiver)

8) Make sure the connectors are fully inserted

Only the single shot option was tested so far. It works. I hope the other options work as well!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads