The A6000 is brilliant so why did I keep the G1X MkII?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions
Jostian
Senior MemberPosts: 1,296Gear list
Like?
The A6000 is brilliant so why did I keep the G1X MkII?
1 month ago

The answer is simple (I had to simplify it...) I have a 7D and didn't want a 'competing' lens system, may sound stupid but I was really seesawing between a ultra wide for the 7D or the 16 70 Zeiss for the A6000, or maybe the 10 18 for the Sony, or maybe the new 10 18 STM for the 7D or maybe... you get the idea.Was driving me insane, seriously (Dunno what that says about my mental acuity but anyhow...)

As a DSLR replacement its also very small (to small in a sense), So yes, the A6000 is better in almost every-way but I'm so happy with the G1X mkII, bliss... love the IQ, love that its fixed lens! AF is definitely snappy enough (miles better than mkI which I had for about a month), touchscreen is nifty, ah yes... peace and sanity reinstated!

-- hide signature --

Jostian

Jostian's gear list:Jostian's gear list
G1 X II Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
oxon1
Regular MemberPosts: 282
Like?
Re: The A6000 is brilliant so why did I keep the G1X MkII?
In reply to Jostian, 1 month ago

You love  sooooooooooooo  much Mk2 ?....could you please  post some emapmles because many users  say Mk2 is producing soft IQ and not sharp enough.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Jostian
Like?
In reply to oxon1, 1 month ago

oxon1 wrote:

You love sooooooooooooo much Mk2 ?....could you please post some emapmles because many users say Mk2 is producing soft IQ and not sharp enough.

here are a few from my office, I think they are definitely sharp enough...

tele end

wide angle

-- hide signature --

Jostian

G1 X II Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
Jostian
Like?

Jostian wrote:

oxon1 wrote:

You love sooooooooooooo much Mk2 ?....could you please post some emapmles because many users say Mk2 is producing soft IQ and not sharp enough.

here are a few from my office, I think they are definitely sharp enough...

tele end

wide angle

-- hide signature --

Jostian

So far, I'm really impressed with the MkII, much better in every way than the MkI

-- hide signature --

Jostian

lanefAU
Senior MemberPosts: 4,077Gear list
Like?
In reply to oxon1, 1 month ago

oxon1 wrote:

Who is complaining about sharpness?

lanefAU's gear list:lanefAU's gear list
G1 X II Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR
Jostian
Like?
In reply to lanefAU, 1 month ago

lanefAU wrote:

oxon1 wrote:

Who is complaining about sharpness?

yes I must say sharpness is great!

-- hide signature --

Jostian

oxon1
Regular MemberPosts: 282
Like?

Very very nice .....

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads