Guess the lens

Started Aug 2, 2014 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Nikolausz
Nikolausz Contributing Member • Posts: 984
Guess the lens

I've just recently started to use this new lens set-up. Ii's a bit unusuall but quite effective.

I intentionally removed the exif data during the resizing of the photos. Not other modification was  done, theye are straight out of camera jpegs.

Guess the lens I used:

Cheers

Marcell

Nikolausz
Nikolausz OP Contributing Member • Posts: 984
Re: Guess the lens

Nobody??

uhligfd Senior Member • Posts: 1,913

It obviously is a lens that can focus very closely,  often called a macro lens.

There are hundreds or thousands of these out there. Who would care to guess, and we even do not know the camera that was used. Useless post, sorry.

Nikolausz

Show me a macro lens with a similar field of view!

Tuloom Senior Member • Posts: 1,805

Nikolausz wrote:

I'm going with that being a wide angle on a close focus adapter?

Am I warm?

Nikolausz

Tuloom wrote:

Nikolausz wrote:

I'm going with that being a wide angle on a close focus adapter?

Am I warm?

Actually cold, but regarding the concept, warm.

Adapter is included.

Nikolausz

uhligfd wrote:

It obviously is a lens that can focus very closely, often called a macro lens.

There are hundreds or thousands of these out there. Who would care to guess, and we even do not know the camera that was used. Useless post, sorry.

Camera is nex-5.

Tuloom Senior Member • Posts: 1,805

Nikolausz wrote:

uhligfd wrote:

Camera is nex-5.

SEL16 with extention tubes. Gotta be!

(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 9,509

Nikolausz wrote:

I've just recently started to use this new lens set-up. Ii's a bit unusuall but quite effective.

I intentionally removed the exif data during the resizing of the photos. Not other modification was done, theye are straight out of camera jpegs.

Guess the lens I used:

Cheers

Marcell

M4/3 lens?

neil holmes's gear list:neil holmes's gear list
Pentax K-x Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony Alpha 7S Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II +8 more
Nikolausz

Not u4/3 lens

Nikolausz

Tuloom wrote:

Nikolausz wrote:

uhligfd wrote:

Camera is nex-5.

SEL16 with extention tubes. Gotta be!

No, but it would have similar effect I guess, but it wouldn't be that wide.

Ralic New Member • Posts: 10

Nikolausz wrote:

I intentionally removed the exif data during the resizing of the photos. Not other modification was done, theye are straight out of camera jpegs.

Guess the lens I used:

Cheers

Marcell

So, if i guess the lens, do i get a prize or something? You posted with this "contest" just to get clicks Just name the lens and get it over with, this is boring. Nothing special about the photos either, this could be taken with anything...

Sorry

steve vida Regular Member • Posts: 393

So Im willing to guess they where taken on a 10-18 zoom with extention tubes.

By the way I find them fairly interesting & dont believe they could have been taken with just anything,but it must be a lens that has EXIF data.With a bit of PP I think these are worthy of public view ,dont be put off by the grumps.

Steve.

steve vida's gear list:steve vida's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +6 more
captura Forum Pro • Posts: 21,787

A combo I was going to try anyway, so I had it in mind.

- The Sony E 30/3.5 macro lens fitted with the Sony VCL-ECU1 0.75X Ultra Wide Converter.

ProfHankD
ProfHankD Veteran Member • Posts: 3,883
Guess not

Nikolausz wrote:

There are thousands of "usual" lenses that work on a NEX-5 and you want us to guess an unusual set-up based on low-resolution images... there's a much better chance of guessing your birthday -- and I've been doing some lens forensics work. Getting more technical about it, there is a lot of DoF and there isn't a lot of focus blur, but the OOF PSF looks fairly circular with a moderately bright edge. Both suggest a retrofocal wide angle is most likely.

In fact, it looks pretty kit zoomish to me. Maybe with a +1 close-up lens or similar, but the focus isn't really all that close (that spider is big, judging by the flies). Certainly, although the photos are fine, whatever lens configuration you used did not result in anything all that distinctive. Hope it didn't cost you much....

ProfHankD's gear list:ProfHankD's gear list
Canon PowerShot A640 Canon PowerShot A720 IS Canon PowerShot S70 Canon PowerShot G1 Canon PowerShot G5 +24 more
Nikolausz

Ralic wrote:

Nikolausz wrote:

Guess the lens I used:

Cheers

Marcell

So, if i guess the lens, do i get a prize or something? You posted with this "contest" just to get clicks Just name the lens and get it over with, this is boring. Nothing special about the photos either, this could be taken with anything...

Sorry

Then, don't comment it. Or show your more special photos taken with anything.

Sure, the "should I buy this camera to abandon my xy system topics are more interesting.

Nikolausz

captura wrote:

A combo I was going to try anyway, so I had it in mind.

- The Sony E 30/3.5 macro lens fitted with the Sony VCL-ECU1 0.75X Ultra Wide Converter.

Almost. We are very close.

Bart Hickman Veteran Member • Posts: 7,256
24mm + Raynox 150?

Zeiss 24mm + Raynox 150 to get close.  Just guessing here.

Bart

-- hide signature --
 Bart Hickman's gear list:Bart Hickman's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +10 more
Nikolausz
Re: Guess not

ProfHankD wrote:

Nikolausz wrote:

focus isn't really all that close (that spider is big, judging by the flies).

It was taken in Germany so it's not a huge spider, maybe 2 cm length of the body and flies are fruitflies (as far I can judge) so they were tiny.

Nikolausz
Re: 24mm + Raynox 150?

Bart Hickman wrote:

Zeiss 24mm + Raynox 150 to get close. Just guessing here.

Bart

-- hide signature --

No, this wouldn't be that close

Captura was almost correct.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads