Small (or smallest) pouch case for E-M10 (or equiv.) + lens

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Janbe78
Regular MemberPosts: 147
Like?
Small (or smallest) pouch case for E-M10 (or equiv.) + lens
2 months ago

Hi all,

I'm so happy with my E-M10 I want to take it everywhere. But I feel uncomfortable to leave it hanging on my chest/body all of the time. (I want to avoid scratches, dirt etc.)

Can someone recommend a small/light case or pouch that will fit the E-M10 and a not too big lens (e.g. the 17mm f1.8 or the 20mm f1.7)?

I've looked into half-cases but they only protect half of the body of course.

Thanks!

Jan

Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
pannumon
Regular MemberPosts: 306Gear list
Like?
Re: Small (or smallest) pouch case for E-M10 (or equiv.) + lens
In reply to Janbe78, 2 months ago

It's ridiculously hard to find this kind of items. There is a huge demand for µ4/3 or mirrorless camera accessories, such as pouches (#businessidea). The whole idea of having a small camera is ruined because there is no smart way to protect them! Basically, WE DO NOT WANT BAGS THAT CAN ALSO FIT A DSLR.

Anyway, I would begin my search from eBay.

pannumon's gear list:pannumon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
liviutza
Regular MemberPosts: 462Gear list
Like?

The smallest solution I've found for my E-PL1, a while ago, was a lens case from Lowe, I believe. The camera sits pretty well and protected inside the round enclosure and you can get it on a belt or shoulder position with the respective strap.

http://store.lowepro.com/lens-cases/lens-case-9-x-13cm

Andrew Mac
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?

For just scratches / dirt the Manfrotto Nano cases are about as small as they come, the largest definitely fits; next one down may be a bit small.  Belt loop only though I'm considering putting a pair of D rings and a strap on mine.

Toffee313
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
In reply to liviutza, 2 months ago

Have you tried Olympus' own wrapping case? Originally made for EM-5, but should fit also EM-10, and adapts to several lenses (velcro just goes further). I found it practical for easy protection in backpack or shoulder, and when not needed, it fits in a pocket (maybe not in jeans pocket).

Toffee313's gear list:Toffee313's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX10 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +3 more
biza43
Senior MemberPosts: 2,050Gear list
Like?

There are plenty of small bags that will fit your camera and lens. Do a search in the websites from Lowepro, Think Tank, Tamrac, etc, etc.

I am quite happy with the Think Tank Retrospective 5, it carries my EM1 + 17mm lens, plus documents, cell phone, extra cards, batteries, etc.

For a camera plus lens only carry option, there are various sizes of top loaders bags, again, do a search.

-- hide signature --

www.paulobizarro.com

biza43's gear list:biza43's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +1 more
Janbe78
Like?
In reply to biza43, 2 months ago

Thanks for the suggestion, but they indeed make camera bags. I'm looking for a pouch, which will cover just my camera (and attached lens). Preferably the pouch still allows me to use the camera strap. Think something like this: http://s1118.photobucket.com/user/jasoncui/media/camera%20case/TP-G15JPG72.jpg.html (but doesn't need to be a full case).

Janbe78
Like?
Vinc T
Regular MemberPosts: 164
Like?

How about this one? Not expensive at all. Quite small too since it is not heavily padded.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53845066

LaMesa
Senior MemberPosts: 2,246Gear list
Like?
My Pick:
 LaMesa's gear list:LaMesa's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +1 more
Andrew Mac
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?

hmm, my suggestion was a pouch which would still allow you to use the camera strap...

http://www.stuff-review.com/2012-04/manfrotto-nano-vi-and-vii-camera-pouch-review/

Phil
Contributing MemberPosts: 763Gear list
Like?
Look at Optech
In reply to LaMesa, 2 months ago

I use this simple soft pouch and can fold it up in my pocket:

http://optechusa.com/soft-pouch-digital-d-series.html?par=270&typeid=1&e=680&p=OLYMPUS+OM-D+E-M10

-- hide signature --

Phil

Phil's gear list:Phil's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1
Chas2
Senior MemberPosts: 2,265Gear list
Like?

Janbe78 wrote:

Hi all,

I'm so happy with my E-M10 I want to take it everywhere. But I feel uncomfortable to leave it hanging on my chest/body all of the time. (I want to avoid scratches, dirt etc.)

Can someone recommend a small/light case or pouch that will fit the E-M10 and a not too big lens (e.g. the 17mm f1.8 or the 20mm f1.7)?

I've looked into half-cases but they only protect half of the body of course.

Thanks!

Jan

Just a data point for you, not a recommendation on a small light case, because in the end, I am not sure how the EM10 would fit.

Just got a BlackRapid SnapR35  combo case, sling, wrist strap.

It is an interesting, though as yet untested combination that attaches sling style to the tripod socket, and can be used as a shoulder case that turns into a sling, a standalone sling, or if you wanted to ditch the whole case and sling, comes with a wrist strap.

Very small, potentially very flexible.  The SnapR 35 will fit a GX7 and 20 mm lens or 14 mm lens.   The two side pouches are slim, but big enough for one to carry the wrist strap, extra battery, extra card while the other side pouch will fit, tightly, a 14mm lens.  For both the 20 and 14, you have to use the Frederick Glickner style 46 mm to 37mm step down ring "lens hood"  trick and small 37 mm pinch style lens cap.  A traditional lens hood would be too large, and I think a folding rubber lens hood would be too "sticky", catching on the interior of the case.

For the EM10, I think the SnapR35 may be too short due to the viewfinder hump, although I also have a generic leather half case on the GX7 making it taller than normal which may make up in part of the hump, so you would have to try the EM10.  I would judge that while the 20mm fits, the the 17mm might be too long (not having a 17mm, I cannot say for sure).

Chas2's gear list:Chas2's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +17 more
rh22
Regular MemberPosts: 128Gear list
Like?
Re: Look at Optech
In reply to Phil, 2 months ago

Phil wrote:

I use this simple soft pouch and can fold it up in my pocket:

http://optechusa.com/soft-pouch-digital-d-series.html?par=270&typeid=1&e=680&p=OLYMPUS+OM-D+E-M10

-- hide signature --

Phil

Good suggestion.  I use letter F from the link.  Fits E-M10 plus any lens up to 40-150.  Put it in the case and put the whole thing in my briefcase as well.

rh22's gear list:rh22's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Apple iPhone 5 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads