Were they THAT bad???

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
MJW1
Contributing MemberPosts: 691Gear list
Like?
Were they THAT bad???
4 months ago

My first digital camera was a 2mp Sony Cybershot. I thought it was quite a good little camera for its time.

Apparently others were not so enamoured of later models.

MJW1's gear list:MJW1's gear list
Nikon D7000 Fujifilm FinePix S1 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Nikon D50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 +15 more
ZX11
Contributing MemberPosts: 790Gear list
Like?
They are now :)
In reply to MJW1, 4 months ago

When I first saw the picture, I thought someone was already trying to dump their RX100 III.  Saving up for the IV version.

-- hide signature --

"Very funny, Scotty! Now beam me down my clothes."

ZX11's gear list:ZX11's gear list
Canon EOS 700D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Carsten Pauer 2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,228
Like?
Re: Were they THAT bad???

Typing Error...

AndreaV
Regular MemberPosts: 313Gear list
Like?

"Cybershit"... that's a funny typo!

AndreaV's gear list:AndreaV's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 350D Sony Alpha NEX-5 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM +12 more
Alpha Orionis
Forum MemberPosts: 66
Like?
In reply to Carsten Pauer 2, 4 months ago

Carsten Pauer 2 wrote:

Typing Error...

That's the joke.

crashpc
Senior MemberPosts: 2,409Gear list
Like?

Maybe typo, sometimes fun. I also call Sonys as Cyber$hit and also Canon as Power$hit or other similar things corelating names in my language with very similar meaning. It´s just fun. When I overtake somebody sitting in Porsche (because roads are bad and he must go slow) I say "get of my way with that junker, or when he drives BMW (which I like), I say "Barely Moving Wreck"

Just fun. I had some old 4MP Kyocera on my table for repair, and it looked like one hell of camera for its age. 10x zoom with something like f/2.8-3.2 lens, EVF. Given for free (for repair of broken display). People don´t realize what might be real value of electronics. It happens. No need to be curious.

In older days when PC was most important piece of electronics every youngster would want to upgrade (no fast web access, no FB), every week I walked into secondhand PC shop to look what´s new, good and what can I afford so my PC will run faster. This guy selling this stuff was not really fair, but sometimes he sold me a gem for little money. I remember (quite lately) that I wanted to buy Geforce II MX, and he sold it like that to me for some money. Then I installed it in my PC and realized it´s pretty unlockable QUADRO MX reaching speed of propably not yet existent Geforce 4MX in many cases. I was blown away. Of course didn´t bring it back to seller who made few steals on me before...

So, when people don´t really know the value they have, and people who buy don´t know the value they get, it propably must be sold cheap...

-- hide signature --

Why does he do it?

crashpc's gear list:crashpc's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads