X100T - what would be on your wish list?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
tamras29
Regular MemberPosts: 205Gear list
Like?
X100T - what would be on your wish list?
3 months ago

As I still can't decide whether it's worth "for me" the upgrade from my X100 to the X100s - the old girl with it's latest firmware is still a bit of a slouch at worse, but love using her, and still impressed with the results I get from her when I'm not in a hurry.

Apart from the complaints in these forums about skin tones at high ISO's with the X - trans sensor, what would you like to see on the X100T - or whatever they call it.

More pixels - I don't think we need to go there. FF sensor - don't be silly now. Faster autofocus - that's not why we bought this baby. HDR, WI-FI, more fn buttons, tilty screen - well yes - all would be nice.

Love to hear your thoughts.

tamras29's gear list:tamras29's gear list
Ricoh Caplio GX100 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +1 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Marcos Villaroman
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,239Gear list
Like?
Re: X100T - what would be on your wish list?
In reply to tamras29, 3 months ago

tamras29 wrote:

As I still can't decide whether it's worth "for me" the upgrade from my X100 to the X100s - the old girl with it's latest firmware is still a bit of a slouch at worse, but love using her, and still impressed with the results I get from her when I'm not in a hurry.

Apart from the complaints in these forums about skin tones at high ISO's with the X - trans sensor, what would you like to see on the X100T - or whatever they call it.

More pixels - I don't think we need to go there. FF sensor - don't be silly now. Faster autofocus - that's not why we bought this baby. HDR, WI-FI, more fn buttons, tilty screen - well yes - all would be nice.

Love to hear your thoughts.

Because I am focused on the interchangeable lens side of Fuji-X, I doubt I'll upgrade my X100s anytime soon. So many lens I want to buy over the next few years. I can see a X-T1 upgrade body if Fujifilm significantly improves continuous AF to truly rival higher end DSLRs.

However, I can see room for improvement on the X100/X100s:

1. Increase optical quality so that it beats the 23/1.4 prime
  2. Implement a wireless TTL setup that handles multiple flash, with high speed sync, that rivals the best from Nikon and Canon.
  3. Give it the ability to snap focus (e.g., Ricoh GR) and the ability to lock manual focus setting so that you can do one handed grabs for stealthy street photography
  4. Faster shutter speeds overall
  5. Better ISO control --- bring in the dedicated ISO dial or at least another Fn button so that we can instantly toggle ND filter and instant ISO access
  6. Continue enhancing manual focus aids. I wish the Fuji-X line had focus peaking as responsive and detailed as Sony's.

I just noticed that most of my wish list items are what I want in the successor to the X-T1/X-E1/X-Pro1... 

Marcos Villaroman's gear list:Marcos Villaroman's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +39 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
darngooddesign
Senior MemberPosts: 1,322Gear list
Like?

tamras29 wrote:

More pixels - I don't think we need to go there.

More pixels allow closer cropping.

Faster autofocus - that's not why we bought this baby.

Are you saying you wouldn't like your X100 to focus faster? Why wouldn't faster focusing and really good AF tracking be on your wish list?

I would like a three step zoom, with an OVF that reflects the magnification, even better high-ISO performance, and manual focusing aids int he OVF.

darngooddesign's gear list:darngooddesign's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Canon PowerShot S100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Tim McClanahan
Regular MemberPosts: 121Gear list
Like?

Update the lens to match the 23mm f/1.4

Larger & higher-resolution flip & twist touch-enabled LCD

WB bracketing

image stabilization

higher-capacity battery

RAW video, or at least a much better codec (h.265), much higher bit-rate

GPS

Time lapse recording

Tim McClanahan's gear list:Tim McClanahan's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EOS 550D +8 more
docvale
Regular MemberPosts: 190Gear list
Like?
In reply to Marcos Villaroman, 3 months ago

Marcos Villaroman wrote:

Because I am focused on the interchangeable lens side of Fuji-X, I doubt I'll upgrade my X100s anytime soon. So many lens I want to buy over the next few years. I can see a X-T1 upgrade body if Fujifilm significantly improves continuous AF to truly rival higher end DSLRs.

However, I can see room for improvement on the X100/X100s:

1. Increase optical quality so that it beats the 23/1.4 prime
  2. Implement a wireless TTL setup that handles multiple flash, with high speed sync, that rivals the best from Nikon and Canon.
  3. Give it the ability to snap focus (e.g., Ricoh GR) and the ability to lock manual focus setting so that you can do one handed grabs for stealthy street photography
  4. Faster shutter speeds overall
  5. Better ISO control --- bring in the dedicated ISO dial or at least another Fn button so that we can instantly toggle ND filter and instant ISO access
  6. Continue enhancing manual focus aids. I wish the Fuji-X line had focus peaking as responsive and detailed as Sony's.

I just noticed that most of my wish list items are what I want in the successor to the X-T1/X-E1/X-Pro1...

If well made, a sensor with more Mpixels would never be bad.

Having performance on par with the 23/1.4 would be strategically necessary in order to sell (most of the x-shooters own a ILC x-body, so the internal competition is high).

Faster AF is never bad.

ISO dial on the X-T1 triggered mixed feelings, and I cannot see room on the top of the X100 series to add one. I agree that extra function buttons would be the best solution.

Improvement of OVF/EVF would always be a good thing.

docvale's gear list:docvale's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +2 more
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,825Gear list
Like?
A better everything.

Better sensor.

Better metering.

Better very well controlled highlights.

Better flash

Better battery

Better software

Etc, etc.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Mark B UK
Contributing MemberPosts: 966Gear list
Like?

I'd like to see IS, eye detection/focus, PDAF covering the whole frame, faster/more positive AF, either GPS or the ability to access it via wi-fi.

While I accept many people may disagree with these last two points, I'd like to see it with a wider-angled lens as standard, 18mm or wider, and also a black version from day one.

Mark B UK's gear list:Mark B UK's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS
ulrikem
Regular MemberPosts: 211Gear list
Like?
Not much more than what the X100S already offers

The X100S is already very good for what it was designed for. Improvements could be

• more reliable auto focus
  • focus tracking like X-T1
  • better battery life
  • black version from the start
  • wifi remote control like X-T1

I'm pretty sure the X100T will including all features on my wish list.

ulrikem's gear list:ulrikem's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +1 more
MiWo
Regular MemberPosts: 446Gear list
Like?

I have my X100s for almost a year now and it became my go to camera - I even sold my X-E1 and lenses because I didn't use them anymore. To make me upgrade a newer version would need:

- better AF - like the new Sony a6000

- more mpix - like the 24 of the Sony a6000

- quicker processing and less lag in the EVF, like made possible by a normal Bayer sensor - like the one of the Sony a6000

If it isn't obvious by now, I'd like the X100t to have the sensor of the Sony a6000

Apart from that:

- two or more fn or programmable buttons would be great at least for simultaneous ND and converter

- an ISO-wheel like the X-T1

- bigger and better EVF/OVF

- higher res LCD with tilt function

- Wi-Fi for remote and instax printing

- weather proofing

- update to the lens as long as compatibility with the converters is maintained

- better shutter with 1/2000s speed at F2

- stronger battery, preferably the same as the other X-series cameras

- wireless flash capability

And as a bonus a new flash gun - twice as strong as the EF-X20, not more than twice the weight, with tilting and rotating head - a TTL version of the Nissin i40 with better build would be enough!

The update probably won't have everything from my list, but if it ticks off enough of the points...

Best,

Mike

-- hide signature --

MiWo's gear list:MiWo's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Apple iPhone 4 Apple iPad Mini Wi-Fi
headofdestiny
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,222Gear list
Like?

-  Faster AF

-  autoISO in M mode with exposure comp enabled

-  Ability to decouple exposure lock from the shutter half press in A mode

-  24MP Bayer sensor

-  Leave the lens the same, so my WCL and TCL still work

-  Weathersealing and more solid build

-  Better battery life

-  Better movie mode, although it is less important to me

-  Better EVF (although I rarely use it)

wcowan
Regular MemberPosts: 408Gear list
Like?

tamras29 wrote:

what would you like to see on the X100T - or whatever they call it.

I'd like an ~85mm EFL, at around F2, keep everything else the same as the X100S.

That would make a perfect pair of cameras for nearly everything I photograph.

-- hide signature --

William Cowan
See some of my photos at http://www.radiantphotograph.com

wcowan's gear list:wcowan's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R
twr
twr
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
In reply to wcowan, 3 months ago

I am hoping for a 105mm ff eq that works with the wcl and tcl to give a 85/105/150 combo.

Canyongazer
Regular MemberPosts: 226Gear list
Like?

35mm or  38mm f1.4 lens. (52/57mm equiv)

Canyongazer's gear list:Canyongazer's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E2 +2 more
headofdestiny
Like?
In reply to Canyongazer, 3 months ago

If Fuji changes the lens design, I'd like to see them to something like a 28/1.8 (42mm equivalent.)

yardcoyote
Senior MemberPosts: 2,419Gear list
Like?
In reply to wcowan, 3 months ago

85mm equivalent =my personal dream camera, pretty much.  Add auto ISO in M with exposure compensation and excellent AF, and maybe an improved EVF,  please.

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited
Haikoman
Forum MemberPosts: 62Gear list
Like?
In reply to Marcos Villaroman, 3 months ago

For me, you nailed it with #5!

Haikoman's gear list:Haikoman's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T1
headofdestiny
Like?

While I'm at it, if we're going to change the lens design and render my WCL and TCL useless, we may as well do something fun.  I'd like to see a small, digital rangefinder folder from Fuji.  Something like a digital, mini version of the GF670.  That would be a dream.

opticaloptimum
Forum MemberPosts: 87Gear list
Like?

1. A lens that is sharper at the edges at wide apertures and that suffers less from field curvature. The lens would need to be bigger to achieve these but that is a compromise I am prepared to make.

2. More substantial 4-way controller and dial on back.

opticaloptimum's gear list:opticaloptimum's gear list
Fujifilm X100S +1 more
John Gellings
Regular MemberPosts: 438
Like?

I'll take a FF sensor, 24mp or more, faster AF, a little larger size, etc.  I'd pay a little more too.

darngooddesign
Senior MemberPosts: 1,322Gear list
Like?
In reply to John Gellings, 3 months ago

John Gellings wrote:

I'll take a FF sensor, 24mp or more, faster AF, a little larger size, etc. I'd pay a little more too.

Full Frame? You'll be paying a lot more, not a little more.

darngooddesign's gear list:darngooddesign's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Canon PowerShot S100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads