Anyone use a Black Rapid sling AND a Black Rapid wrist strap?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
dark13star
Senior MemberPosts: 1,027Gear list
Like?
Anyone use a Black Rapid sling AND a Black Rapid wrist strap?
6 months ago

I'm looking for a better solution for switching between slings and wrist straps. I currently have a Luma Loop (no longer made after being sued by Black Rapid) and various wrist straps. It is a pain to switch them because I have to unthread them from the standard Fuji triangle on the side of the camera. Furthermore, I often carry both the X100S and the XT1 in my bag and would like to more easily switch which is primary (on the sling) and which is secondary (wrist strap to come out for a few shots here and there).

It looks like the Black Rapid system would help if I bought the Metro sling strap and the wrist strap. I could then go ahead and get extra fasteners for each camera body for easy switching.

Anyone out there doing this? I like the look of the Metro strap a lot. I don't like the look of the wrist strap as much. I'm also not sure how much I will like attaching at the bottom of the body instead of on the side. I'd appreciate any thoughts on that as well.

Many thanks
Rich

-- hide signature --

"I would be an historian as Herodotus was." -Charles Olson
http://herodot.us

dark13star's gear list:dark13star's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +6 more
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Robert Garcia NYC
Senior MemberPosts: 1,064Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone use a Black Rapid sling AND a Black Rapid wrist strap?
In reply to dark13star, 6 months ago

I have a Black Rapid sling and I sold all my Canon stuff recently and kept the strap. : )

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Milan D
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?

I have both. The look of the strap is not as nice as some other rist straps that I have seen, but it is very confertable and can tighten nicely around the wrist for security.  It feels strong and secure. You can also lock the clip so it doesn't open by accident. Swapping between the two is very easy and quick. No need to buy additional attachments as they  come with everything you need. I find I keep the wrist strap on more because it fits in and out of my camera bag easier. What I dont like is the large  ring on the bottom but it can come off easy if you need to use a tripod.

Hope this helps.

Milan

slimandy
Forum ProPosts: 14,656Gear list
Like?

I have a Blackrapid Snap'r 35 for my X-E1 and 27mm lens. The clip screws in to the tripod socket, then I just clip in either the bag, the wrist strap or the sling strap as required.

I wish there was a bigger one that could accomodate the 18~55.

-- hide signature --

www.andrewsandersphotography.co.uk

slimandy's gear list:slimandy's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E1 +1 more
dark13star
Like?
In reply to Milan D, 6 months ago

Milan D wrote:

I have both. The look of the strap is not as nice as some other rist straps that I have seen, but it is very confertable and can tighten nicely around the wrist for security. It feels strong and secure. You can also lock the clip so it doesn't open by accident. Swapping between the two is very easy and quick. No need to buy additional attachments as they come with everything you need. I find I keep the wrist strap on more because it fits in and out of my camera bag easier. What I dont like is the large ring on the bottom but it can come off easy if you need to use a tripod.

Hope this helps.

Milan

Many thanks to you and others who have responded. Looks like it might be a good option for me.

Rich

-- hide signature --

Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +6 more
photocat2007
Regular MemberPosts: 405Gear list
Like?

I just bought the X-A1 and of course needed goodies to go with it. I had been using Op Tech wrist straps for a long time (and they have a sling strap) of course with all of the little connector dongle thingies.

New camera sent me searching for new wrist strap with sling option. I landed on the Peak Leash Camera Strap and Wrist Strap. I have only used the wrist strap so far (with the A1) and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. So much lighter, softer, and not nearly as hot as the Op Tech wrist straps. It also packs away so easily and takes no space at all.

I use a wrist strap about 95% of the time so I have not yet used the "Leash" part.  That  can convert to a sling, neck strap, etc. Very cool and I believe I will love it almost as much as its corresponding wrist strap.

https://peakdesignltd.com/

photocat2007's gear list:photocat2007's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Pentax K-5 Fujifilm X-A1
dark13star
Like?
In reply to photocat2007, 6 months ago

Thanks for this note. They've come a long way since their original Kickstarter. This looks awesome.

Rich

-- hide signature --

dark13star
Like?

I just ordered their Professionals Pack. I really wanted the part that clips the camera in place for backpacking. I expect I'll use the leash and the dock together, at least when I need to free up both hands for climbing.

Thanks again for the pointer.

Rich

-- hide signature --

photocat2007
Regular MemberPosts: 405Gear list
Like?

dark13star wrote:

I just ordered their Professionals Pack. I really wanted the part that clips the camera in place for backpacking. I expect I'll use the leash and the dock together, at least when I need to free up both hands for climbing.

Thanks again for the pointer.

Rich

-- hide signature --

Awesome!  Glad to help.  You'll have to give us a report back on how you like it.

sue

photocat2007's gear list:photocat2007's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Pentax K-5 Fujifilm X-A1
dark13star
Like?

photocat2007 wrote:

Awesome! Glad to help. You'll have to give us a report back on how you like it.

sue

I certainly will.

Rich

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads