A7, Minolta 50 1.7, and a BMW

Started 4 months ago | Photos
beardedspoooon
Regular MemberPosts: 131
Like?
A7, Minolta 50 1.7, and a BMW
4 months ago

Was out shooting in a parking garage and a guy with a nice car drove by.  Very spur of the moment. 

All handheld, kind of rushed.  I have shots from the rear, but I don't want to throw his license plate out there (though I suppose it doesn't really matter).

Use this one if selling the car.

Use this one if showing it off.

Needs cleaning

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
forpetessake
Senior MemberPosts: 3,700
Like?
what happened to the colors?
In reply to beardedspoooon, 4 months ago

Did the AWB screw up colors? or you did it in PP?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
beardedspoooon
Like?
Re: what happened to the colors?
In reply to forpetessake, 4 months ago

forpetessake wrote:

The first shot is pretty close to reality as far as colors.  Was a bit past twilight + yellow light.  The remaining shots were PP.

Chrisd999
Contributing MemberPosts: 648Gear list
Like?

beardedspoooon wrote:

forpetessake wrote:

The first shot is pretty close to reality as far as colors. Was a bit past twilight + yellow light. The remaining shots were PP.

Actually, I don't mind the WB. I like the PP  treatment. Well composed shots. I would have like to have seen a little bit more subject isolation. Was it wide open f1.7?

And it would be nice if the original image opened up at a higher resolution.

Chrisd999's gear list:Chrisd999's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Sony a6000 Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +6 more
beardedspoooon
Like?
In reply to Chrisd999, 4 months ago

Hundminen wrote:

beardedspoooon wrote:

forpetessake wrote:

The first shot is pretty close to reality as far as colors. Was a bit past twilight + yellow light. The remaining shots were PP.

Actually, I don't mind the WB. I like the PP treatment. Well composed shots. I would have like to have seen a little bit more subject isolation. Was it wide open f1.7?

And it would be nice if the original image opened up at a higher resolution.

It was wide open.  I probably could have gone with a smaller aperture, but hand holding at night, just goofing around, I wasn't too particular.

Here's a larger one of the first:

joe6pack
Senior MemberPosts: 1,138Gear list
Like?

beardedspoooon wrote:

It was wide open. I probably could have gone with a smaller aperture, but hand holding at night, just goofing around, I wasn't too particular.

Wide open at 1.7? You must be standing far away! I have a 50mm 1.7 that I thought was very good but I don't think I have taken image that sharp at wide open.

joe6pack's gear list:joe6pack's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Sony Alpha NEX-3N Corel Aftershot Pro IrfanView
beardedspoooon
Like?
In reply to joe6pack, 4 months ago

beardedspoooon wrote:

It was wide open. I probably could have gone with a smaller aperture, but hand holding at night, just goofing around, I wasn't too particular.

Wide open at 1.7? You must be standing far away! I have a 50mm 1.7 that I thought was very good but I don't think I have taken image that sharp at wide open.

Oops! Double checked. Was at 2.2!

paul1508
Regular MemberPosts: 366
Like?

beardedspoooon wrote:

beardedspoooon wrote:

It's still very little background blur for FF f/2.2 and the apparent distance to the background. Are you sure you didn't shoot in APS-C Mode?

beardedspoooon
Like?
In reply to paul1508, 4 months ago

beardedspoooon wrote:

beardedspoooon wrote:

It's still very little background blur for FF f/2.2 and the apparent distance to the background. Are you sure you didn't shoot in APS-C Mode?

Definitely not. Perhaps the smaller image sizes are creating that effect?

In the first picture, the rail is a car length or less away. In the full size image, the sharpness decreases behind the wheel well.

joe6pack
Senior MemberPosts: 1,138Gear list
Like?

beardedspoooon wrote:

beardedspoooon wrote:

beardedspoooon wrote:

In the first picture, the rail is a car length or less away. In the full size image, the sharpness decreases behind the wheel well.

Which Minolta 50mm 1.7 are you using? It is not the Rokkor is it? My Rokkor does not have a F-stop at 2.2.

joe6pack's gear list:joe6pack's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Sony Alpha NEX-3N Corel Aftershot Pro IrfanView
beardedspoooon
Like?
In reply to joe6pack, 4 months ago

beardedspoooon wrote:

beardedspoooon wrote:

beardedspoooon wrote:

Which Minolta 50mm 1.7 are you using? It is not the Rokkor is it? My Rokkor does not have a F-stop at 2.2.

Maxxum with LA-EA4. Should have clarified in original.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads