Feel the excitement: D810

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
travelinbri_74
Senior MemberPosts: 2,002
Like?
Re: Feel the excitement: D810
In reply to hypercore360, 6 months ago

I would like the improved video to result in improved live view.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Andrew 3
Regular MemberPosts: 134Gear list
Like?
In reply to Teila Day, 6 months ago

Teila Day wrote:

4k vid nice for those who work or dabble in areas where they or their clients would notice a difference... which isn't most people... thereby making 4k vid not really "essential"

Not related to the D800 / D800E successor, but it's interesting how people look at 4K being purely about resolution to the exclusion of anything else.

4K cropped and downsampled to 1080P can be used to provide a stabilized image.

4K downsampled to 1080P can be used for creative zooming.

4k downsampled to 1080P can provide a higher quality end product on existing 1080P displays.

It would seem that many people don't understand what capturing at 4K can bring to the table even when outputting to widely deployed 1080P devices today.

Andrew 3's gear list:Andrew 3's gear list
Nikon D700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +7 more
Nomoreheroes
Junior MemberPosts: 48Gear list
Like?
Re: Told you so 8 month ago...
In reply to Flashlight, 6 months ago

Flashlight wrote:

...but you guys wouldn't listen and even called it 'dumb thread of the day'. Oh well...

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52294145

-- hide signature --

Philip

Shortly, 8 months?

Nikon will release a D900 shortly

amobi
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,006
Like?
In reply to Flashlight, 6 months ago

Flashlight wrote:

...but you guys wouldn't listen and even called it 'dumb thread of the day'. Oh well...

-- hide signature --

Philip

You are right on the money. Even with the name D810. Watch those who claim to have a perfect D800 will be the first to trade.

T O Shooter
Senior MemberPosts: 2,484Gear list
Like?
In reply to Nomoreheroes, 6 months ago

Nomoreheroes wrote:

Flashlight wrote:

-- hide signature --

Philip

Shortly, 8 months?

We are all geniuses. Sometime not too long after that Nikon will release a 910! Not as enlightened as Flashlight though, cause we are only piggybacking off him.  

-- hide signature --

Canon G5 and a bit more "stuff"

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5
Flashlight
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,395
Like?
Another Flashlight prediction...
In reply to T O Shooter, 6 months ago

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/37527489

T O Shooter wrote:

Nomoreheroes wrote:

Flashlight wrote:

-- hide signature --

Philip

Shortly, 8 months?

We are all geniuses. Sometime not too long after that Nikon will release a 910! Not as enlightened as Flashlight though, cause we are only piggybacking off him.

-- hide signature --

Canon G5 and a bit more "stuff"

-- hide signature --

Philip

caspianm
Senior MemberPosts: 1,923Gear list
Like?
In reply to NikonMike, 6 months ago

NikonMike wrote:

There's bound to be a lot of new D800's and D800e's that will still need to be moved out. It will be interesting to see how much they are discounted, assuming the D810 MSRP is in the $3200 range.

My expectation is actually $3500 in line with 5d. I recall rumors were way off about pricing of Df.

caspianm's gear list:caspianm's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 7D Sony SLT-A77 Nikon D800E Sony Alpha NEX-F3 +10 more
pheanix
Regular MemberPosts: 166Gear list
Like?

I just switched to Nikon (D800E) from Sony. The specs of the D810 don't inspire me to upgrade again so soon.

-- hide signature --

'Shoot first (pictures that is); ask questions later'
Keith

pheanix's gear list:pheanix's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +6 more
A Owens
Senior MemberPosts: 2,264
Like?
Only LV was 'Broken' on D800e

hypercore360 wrote:

http://www.dailycameranews.com/2014/06/nikon-d810-name-confirmed/

Aside from those that had AF alignment issues, the only really bad thing about the D800/e is the Live View. It is not clear to me from the rumours whether LV has been improved in the updated model.

Aside from that and possibly the addition of electronic first curtain there is little I find limiting about the 800e. GPS would be very nice but not really enough to make me upgrade. I am more likely to pick up another 800e if the second hand prices are compelling enough.

ultimitsu
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,860
Like?

Teila Day wrote:

• Higher resolution LCD screen
  • Built-in GPS
  • 5 fps (6fps with the MB-D12)
  • The new camera will be lighter (compared to the D800/D800E)

Nice but incremental.

Screens are fine enough for me where they stand today on most cameras.

D800's LCD is 960k, which is about 640 x 480, pretty low by today's standard. My cellphone' screen is 1920 x 1080.

• 4k video is unlikely
  • No Built-in Wi-Fi

These are sort of essential these days.

"Essential"? I suppose if waiting all day to push big data between your camera and computer via WIFI is essential. 4k vid nice for those who work or dabble in areas where they or their clients would notice a difference... which isn't most people... thereby making 4k vid not really "essential"

These are two seperate features.

4K is essential in the sense that almost all high end cameras in their respective classes have 4K now, not having 4K for a late 2014  high end DSLR is exactly like not having video for D700. Someone else already explained why 4K is a very useful feature when for 1080P displays.

Camera built-in Wifi isnt meant for video let alone 4K video. it is meant for quick still photo sharing or transferring. If you havent used it then refrain from commenting whether it is or is not essential.

Teila Day
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,403
Like?
I am fully aware of the advantages.
In reply to Andrew 3, 6 months ago

Andrew 3 wrote:

Teila Day wrote:

4k vid nice for those who work or dabble in areas where they or their clients would notice a difference... which isn't most people... thereby making 4k vid not really "essential"

Not related to the D800 / D800E successor, but it's interesting how people look at 4K being purely about resolution to the exclusion of anything else.

4K cropped and downsampled to 1080P can be used to provide a stabilized image.

4K downsampled to 1080P can be used for creative zooming.

4k downsampled to 1080P can provide a higher quality end product on existing 1080P displays.

It would seem that many people don't understand what capturing at 4K can bring to the table even when outputting to widely deployed 1080P devices today.

Which is exactly why I wrote what I did. 4K offers many of the same advantages of more "megapixels" when it comes to very high resolution cameras. I get it. I also get it that most people will not take advantage of 4k where it is considered "essential" at this juncture, which was the thrust of my (factual) comment on 4k video; just like most people don't take advantage of 36mp.

Would I purchase 4k? Yes. Is 4k "essential" or even advantageous in a practical context, to most video that people shoot on dslrs? No.

-- hide signature --

Teila K. Day
http://teiladay.com

Teila Day
Like?
In reply to ultimitsu, 6 months ago

ultimitsu wrote:

Teila Day wrote:

• Built-in GPS

Nice but incremental.

D800's LCD is 960k, which is about 640 x 480, pretty low by today's standard. My cellphone' screen is 1920 x 1080.

Which is irrelevant to my statement. I said that today's screens are fine enough for me where they stand today on most cameras. I am able to accurately check what I need to check on the LCD virtually 100% of the time, and I don't really have a need for a better screen.  I'm not saying that better screens aren't nice, pretty, beautiful, and eye-candy-like when I look at them; it's just not something that I need as opposed to being a nice-to-have.

• 4k video is unlikely
  • No Built-in Wi-Fi

"Essential"? I suppose if waiting all day to push big data between your camera and computer via WIFI is essential. 4k vid nice for those who work or dabble in areas where they or their clients would notice a difference... which isn't most people... thereby making 4k vid not really "essential"

Like an apple and an orange are different fruits.  I'm not sure why you wrote the obvious.

4K is essential in the sense that almost all high end cameras in their respective classes have 4K now, not having 4K for a late 2014 high end DSLR is exactly like not having video for D700.

That's where you're wrong.  Video wasn't nor is it "essential" for the D700, especially during the D700's height in popularity.  Video is great to have to many (I use it on my Canon 5d2, and was one reason out of many why I skipped the D3x) but it isn't an essential feature for most (not all) photographers.  It wasn't essential 5 years ago, and it isn't essential today.

Someone else already explained why 4K is a very useful feature when for 1080P displays.

I wasn't discussing whether or not 4k is "useful".  I only touched on whether or not 4k was ESSENTIAL.

Camera built-in Wifi isnt meant for video let alone 4K video. it is meant for quick still photo sharing or transferring. If you havent used it then refrain from commenting whether it is or is not essential.

(sigh)  I get that too, since many of us shooting to eat and pay the mortgage are often looking for faster ways to xnsfr photos from the camera to a notebook or computer used to process incoming files and to "send" the files to people's iPads.  Sure, there's people out there who want to send files to their cell phone so they can update their Facebook with whatever photos they took over the weekend, but that isn't the majority of D800 shooters and slow WIFI still isn't an "essential" facet in professional photography no matter how you cut it.  Lightening fast WIFI would be horse of another colour!

The bottom line is that wireless has been a slower option in my experience than being tethered.  Now maybe today wireless is really fast, and if that is the case then I can see where WIFI would be an advantage to many on location and during studio work; heck, if it's that fast today, then I'll require wireless in my next camera body or at least the availability of 3rd party wireless solution... but the bottom line is that unless things have changed recently- WIFI isn't going to be a fast studio solution nor faster than handing a flash card to an assistant using a dedicated card reader.  Now, if I'm wrong, then educate me so I can take advantage of this new WIFI super high speed technology...

But from what I can remember WIFI is slow (and buggy on medium format).  I understand the advantages of WIFI.. nothing new there.  Tell me how much time it will take to send 25 full resolution D800 series raw files to an iMac in the studio, while I'm still shooting.

-- hide signature --
LenJ
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?

sitting with a D3 currently, I'll wait for a few months post launch, see what the quality is, as well as what the price does, then either buy one or grab a low click used 800e.

no rush.

Len

ultimitsu
Like?

Teila Day wrote:

ultimitsu wrote:

Teila Day wrote:

• Built-in GPS

Nice but incremental.

Which is irrelevant to my statement. I said that today's screens are fine enough for me where they stand today on most cameras. I am able to accurately check what I need to check on the LCD virtually 100% of the time, and I don't really have a need for a better screen. I'm not saying that better screens aren't nice, pretty, beautiful, and eye-candy-like when I look at them; it's just not something that I need as opposed to being a nice-to-have.

But I wasnt saying D800's LCD wasnt good enough for you. I explained why it is, while enough for you, not enough for others.

• 4k video is unlikely
  • No Built-in Wi-Fi

Like an apple and an orange are different fruits. I'm not sure why you wrote the obvious.

Because you said this

"I suppose if waiting all day to push big data between your camera and computer via WIFI is essential."

You made it as if I said 4K and wifi in conjuncture is essential

4K is essential in the sense that almost all high end cameras in their respective classes have 4K now, not having 4K for a late 2014 high end DSLR is exactly like not having video for D700.

That's where you're wrong. Video wasn't nor is it "essential" for the D700, especially during the D700's height in popularity. Video is great to have to many (I use it on my Canon 5d2, and was one reason out of many why I skipped the D3x) but it isn't an essential feature for most (not all) photographers. It wasn't essential 5 years ago, and it isn't essential today.

Well, I am not wrong. video was indeed the feature that made 5D2 significanlt outsold D700. Even though many people who wanted 5D2 werent pro videographers, just like they wanted liveview yet not many actually had to have it. 4K video is in that same place.

Someone else already explained why 4K is a very useful feature when for 1080P displays.

I wasn't discussing whether or not 4k is "useful". I only touched on whether or not 4k was ESSENTIAL.

Your position of it not being essential is directly based on your view that it isnt useful, which is reflected in this statement"

"4k vid nice for those who work or dabble in areas where they or their clients would notice a difference.."

In other words, you dont think 4K is useful or "nice" unless one is a pro videographer whose clients will notice the difference. Fact is one doesnt have to be.

(sigh) I get that too, since many of us shooting to eat and pay the mortgage are often looking for faster ways to xnsfr photos from the camera to a notebook or computer used to process incoming files and to "send" the files to people's iPads. Sure, there's people out there who want to send files to their cell phone so they can update their Facebook with whatever photos they took over the weekend, but that isn't the majority of D800 shooters and slow WIFI still isn't an "essential" facet in professional photography no matter how you cut it. Lightening fast WIFI would be horse of another colour!

The bottom line is that wireless has been a slower option in my experience than being tethered. Now maybe today wireless is really fast, and if that is the case then I can see where WIFI would be an advantage to many on location and during studio work; heck, if it's that fast today, then I'll require wireless in my next camera body or at least the availability of 3rd party wireless solution... but the bottom line is that unless things have changed recently- WIFI isn't going to be a fast studio solution nor faster than handing a flash card to an assistant using a dedicated card reader. Now, if I'm wrong, then educate me so I can take advantage of this new WIFI super high speed technology...

But from what I can remember WIFI is slow (and buggy on medium format). I understand the advantages of WIFI.. nothing new there. Tell me how much time it will take to send 25 full resolution D800 series raw files to an iMac in the studio, while I'm still shooting.

I think the root of our disagreement is what we think "essential" mean. Your definition seems to require the feature to be essential to the intended market to be considered "essential". That is not the meaning I had in mind when I used the word. What I was saying is that as a high end camera of late 2014, a product has to have certain features because everyone else have them. It is like it is essential for high end cars to have heated seats even if it is sold in Hawaii or Maimi, it is essential for high end TV to have 3D even if many rich people who may buy them are over age of 60 and will never watch anything in 3D.

Teila Day
Like?
In reply to ultimitsu, 6 months ago

ultimitsu wrote:

Which is irrelevant to my statement. I said that today's screens are fine enough for me where they stand today on most cameras. I am able to accurately check what I need to check on the LCD virtually 100% of the time, and I don't really have a need for a better screen. I'm not saying that better screens aren't nice, pretty, beautiful, and eye-candy-like when I look at them; it's just not something that I need as opposed to being a nice-to-have.

But I wasnt saying D800's LCD wasnt good enough for you. I explained why it is, while enough for you, not enough for others.

... and you still didn't make a case for it being "essential" as opposed for it being something that people just want. There's a huge difference between the two words. Today's LCD sizes do not impede most people (amateur or professional) from what they want to do in photography.

• 4k video is unlikely
  • No Built-in Wi-Fi

Like an apple and an orange are different fruits. I'm not sure why you wrote the obvious.

Because you said this

"I suppose if waiting all day to push big data between your camera and computer via WIFI is essential."

You made it as if I said 4K and wifi in conjuncture is essential

I was being sarcastic. The key word was "waiting"... not wanting.

That's where you're wrong. Video wasn't nor is it "essential" for the D700, especially during the D700's height in popularity. Video is great to have to many (I use it on my Canon 5d2, and was one reason out of many why I skipped the D3x) but it isn't an essential feature for most (not all) photographers. It wasn't essential 5 years ago, and it isn't essential today.

Well, I am not wrong. video was indeed the feature that made 5D2 significanlt outsold D700. Even though many people who wanted 5D2 werent pro videographers, just like they wanted liveview yet not many actually had to have it. 4K video is in that same place.

Again, you're using the word "essential" in the wrong context. Video was "essential" to a relative few photographers. I use video in our bridal sessions, but it is still not "essential" to my photography as opposed to being a nice final touch and selling point, however as time goes on it will be essential to remain competitive.

To illustrate the difference. High ISO is essential to a lot of event/wedding shooters because (generally speaking) no longer can you get by shooting no more than 400 ISO + flash at weddings like you had to back in mid-2000 because even 800 iso looked horrible. Today if you want to have the same competitive latitude as everyone else, shooting 1600, 3200, and even 6400 iso is the norm... no longer considered nose-bleed ISO heights. A decent high ISO camera is "essential" to a wedding photographer whereas video still is not considered "essential" but rather a great-to-have.

I wasn't discussing whether or not 4k is "useful". I only touched on whether or not 4k was ESSENTIAL.

Your position of it not being essential is directly based on your view that it isnt useful, which is reflected in this statement"

"4k vid nice for those who work or dabble in areas where they or their clients would notice a difference.."

In other words, you dont think 4K is useful or "nice" unless one is a pro videographer whose clients will notice the difference. Fact is one doesnt have to be.

Incorrect. You're presupposing, meaning your basing your conclusion on an incorrect premise. I know that 4k vid can be useful just like I know that 80mp is "useful"; but like 80mp, 4k vid is not "essential" to most photographers which is a statement of fact.

(sigh) I get that too, since many of us shooting to eat and pay the mortgage are often looking for faster ways to xnsfr photos from the camera to a notebook or computer used to process incoming files and to "send" the files to people's iPads. Sure, there's people out there who want to send files to their cell phone so they can update their Facebook with whatever photos they took over the weekend, but that isn't the majority of D800 shooters and slow WIFI still isn't an "essential" facet in professional photography no matter how you cut it. Lightening fast WIFI would be horse of another colour!

The bottom line is that wireless has been a slower option in my experience than being tethered. Now maybe today wireless is really fast, and if that is the case then I can see where WIFI would be an advantage to many on location and during studio work; heck, if it's that fast today, then I'll require wireless in my next camera body or at least the availability of 3rd party wireless solution... but the bottom line is that unless things have changed recently- WIFI isn't going to be a fast studio solution nor faster than handing a flash card to an assistant using a dedicated card reader. Now, if I'm wrong, then educate me so I can take advantage of this new WIFI super high speed technology...

But from what I can remember WIFI is slow (and buggy on medium format). I understand the advantages of WIFI.. nothing new there. Tell me how much time it will take to send 25 full resolution D800 series raw files to an iMac in the studio, while I'm still shooting.

I think the root of our disagreement is what we think "essential" mean. Your definition seems to require the feature to be essential to the intended market to be considered "essential". That is not the meaning I had in mind when I used the word. What I was saying is that as a high end camera of late 2014, a product has to have certain features because everyone else have them. It is like it is essential for high end cars to have heated seats even if it is sold in Hawaii or Maimi, it is essential for high end TV to have 3D even if many rich people who may buy them are over age of 60 and will never watch anything in 3D.

The problem is your misuse of the word "essential" to mean something that it does not mean by definition plain and simple. There is not a "my" definition or "your" definition; there's simply the definition of the word, and the definition of "essential" is something that is vital, imperative, critical, etc.. which clearly was the wrong word to use for what you were trying to say irrespective of what you meant.

I'm assuming you're guessing on "high-end-cars" because it isn't even close to being "essential" for them to have heated seats! Stop using that word incorrectly and find a word that says what you mean.

Just so you know, if you live in Florida (like I do) any other warm place on the planet you don't expect "heated seats" in your Ferrari... in fact, depending on what seats you get, you don't even expect to get electric seats let alone seats with heat! Heat is an option, but not an expected given irrespective of where you live. Heat in the seat used to be about a $3500 option on Porsche...

The take away here is to use the correct word(s) to say what you mean.

Best in photography to you and everyone.

-- hide signature --

Teila K. Day
http://teiladay.com

ultimitsu
Like?

Teila Day wrote:

ultimitsu wrote:

... and you still didn't make a case for it being "essential" as opposed for it being something that people just want. There's a huge difference between the two words. Today's LCD sizes do not impede most people (amateur or professional) from what they want to do in photography.

I never said better LCD was essential, thus I did nto have to make that argument. In any case you need to get your head around the notion that just because lack of something doesnt impede, does not make it non-essential. Most people were perfectly happy with 480 x 320 resolution the iphone 1 had, but Apple upgraded it to 960 x 640 anyway, and then samsung had to upgrade Galaxy S whatever at the time to 720P and then 1080P now Apple has to upgrade iphone 6's screen again. it is exactly the same thing with Camera LCDs.

Again, you're using the word "essential" in the wrong context. ...

The problem is your misuse of the word "essential" to mean something that it does not mean by definition plain and simple. There is not a "my" definition or "your" definition; there's simply the definition of the word, and the definition of "essential" is something that is vital, imperative, critical, etc.. which clearly was the wrong word to use for what you were trying to say irrespective of what you meant.

No, I wasnt using it wrong. like I had explained to you already, my use of the word essential does not refer to photographer's need, but rather as a product how it compares against competition, both within its class and beyond. If you cannot understand it by now then there is no amount of explanation could help.

Escaping
Contributing MemberPosts: 626Gear list
Like?
Feel the excitement: D800
In reply to inasir1971, 6 months ago

oh? time for me to start considering the D800 now...

-- hide signature --

Escaping (CT, USA) www.pbase.com/cvanlang
D700 / D300 / D7100 / K-5 / X-E2 / GX7 / V1 / V2 / LX7 / X20

Escaping's gear list:Escaping's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm X20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Nikon D300 +10 more
Adrian Van
Regular MemberPosts: 445Gear list
Like?

The article says lighter body expected. Would that also mean smaller body? Hope they keep both CF and SD, as CF cards for video would be better for FULL HD. I prefer robust CF cards over SD anyday. SD for backup is okay.

A lighter body, may mean someone considering D610 might instead pick a D810 as it might be light enough for travel, so more sales for Nikon on a higher priced body, among serious shooters considering the camera. Also sRaw for smaller Raw files, or pick full Raw and full 36MP. Good options is all is true.

Adrian Van's gear list:Adrian Van's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Fujifilm X-M1 +2 more
antoineb
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,322Gear list
Like?
excitement about same sensor in same body? Why?

Hi hypercore,

not sure why anyone would be excited about a camera with essentially the same specs as the existing model?  At best they will have done as with the D4s, i.e. allowed the camera to go a bit higher on the ISO front, possibly with no improvement on the result.  The key components, i.e. sensor, AF engine, viewfinder, body, will be identical.

Unless of course your aim is just to generate traffic to that site, "dailycameranews" - because you post the link without even bothering to add a comment.

As always with Nikon, the intermediary model update, whether they add an "s" (as in D4s), or whether they add 10 (as in D810), is only meant to consume some media air time and give an excuse to advertise the old product once more.

The "s" or "10" models are best skipped.

hypercore360 wrote:

antoineb's gear list:antoineb's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Olympus TG-610 Nikon D7000 +4 more
tommiejeep
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,871
Like?
Re: excitement about same sensor in same body? Why?
In reply to antoineb, 6 months ago

As someone that did not buy a D600 or D800/E the camera is of interest

antoineb wrote:

Hi hypercore,

not sure why anyone would be excited about a camera with essentially the same specs as the existing model? At best they will have done as with the D4s, i.e. allowed the camera to go a bit higher on the ISO front, possibly with no improvement on the result. The key components, i.e. sensor, AF engine, viewfinder, body, will be identical.

Expeed 4,more fps, D4S AF vs D4 or D800, lighter body (most likely the new materials) and possible better high iso, built-in GPS.... what's not to like.  A wee bit concerned about the GPS since Nikon might blow that one   As a few have mentioned I would like to see if it has the 1.2 crop and what that gives in fps.

Unless of course your aim is just to generate traffic to that site, "dailycameranews" - because you post the link without even bothering to add a comment.

As always with Nikon, the intermediary model update, whether they add an "s" (as in D4s), or whether they add 10 (as in D810), is only meant to consume some media air time and give an excuse to advertise the old product once more.

I did buy a D610 and have had zero problems.  I bought a D300s because I was shooting birds with the D300 and lots of morning and afternoon soccer.  The D300s became my BIF camera with a 300 2.8vr while the D300 stayed on the 500vr. For soccer I was able to shoot the 70-200vr and 300 2.8 at the same time.  The vid did not excite me but the dual cards is very nice for shooting all day soccer tournaments.  I never have had a problem with the D300s.  Probably my imagination but I've always felt the D300s was slightly better in target acquisition and tracking vs the D300.

I've had zero problems with the Df and hopefully Nikon has really taken QC on the D810 very seriously.  I do not need another camera and will probably wait a bit to see if the soft rumour of a D9300 becomes a fact or if a real D300s replacement ever arrives.

The "s" or "10" models are best skipped.

hypercore360 wrote:

-- hide signature --

Anticipate the Light and wing it when you get it wrong
Tom
http://taja.smugmug.com/

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads