cannot find a single test/review of 7S?!?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
MICHAEL_61
Senior MemberPosts: 2,127
Like?
cannot find a single test/review of 7S?!?
4 months ago

With high-res samples and AF assessment, why? The only review I found is only about video, of no interest to me.

VirtualMirage
Senior MemberPosts: 2,495Gear list
Like?
Re: cannot find a single test/review of 7S?!?
In reply to MICHAEL_61, 4 months ago

MICHAEL_61 wrote:

With high-res samples and AF assessment, why? The only review I found is only about video, of no interest to me.

Well, no production models have shipped out yet and we are still just shy of a month away before it ships (ships at the end of June in the US).

I'd expect as it gets closer to the release date, we'll start to see more information and examples about its picture taking capabilities.

VirtualMirage's gear list:VirtualMirage's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony a77 II Sony 50mm F1.4 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
lehill
Senior MemberPosts: 1,301Gear list
Like?

MICHAEL_61 wrote:

1) Sony marketing doesn't have any production samples to hand out to reviewers yet, and/or

2) Sony marketing only has pre-production samples to hand out. In this case Sony probably prohibits reviewers from publishing their evaluations of IQ and functionality.

-- hide signature --

Lance H

lehill's gear list:lehill's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5100 Zoom Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony SLT-A77 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +21 more
J Birn
Contributing MemberPosts: 696Gear list
Like?
Wait a month, there will be a flood of them...

I'm looking forwards to that kind of review, too. It looks like a really promising camera in itself, and it also showcases new technology that I hope will find its way into some alpha-mount cameras within the next year or so.

-jeremy

-- hide signature --

Jeremy Birn

dlkeller
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,286
Like?

Reasons given, however you will get information sooner if you go to the E mount forum with questions about E mount cameras.

-- hide signature --

Dave

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads