Q7 + FA135

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
fotoword
Regular MemberPosts: 128Gear list
Like?
Q7 + FA135
4 months ago

Shot at F8 in Manual mode 1/500th and -0.3EV with auto iso at 125.  Was surprised that with adapted lenses you can still adjust ev in Manual mode while using Auto ISO. Can't recall if this was available on the Q with adapted lenses.  It's still not available with native Q lenses.

Anyway one shot with the FA135.  Still a lot of purple in the edges but I guess that's the lens/sensor combo.  Couldn't removie it with Capture One Pro 7.

Thanks,

Paul

fotoword's gear list:fotoword's gear list
Pentax Optio A20 Ricoh Caplio GX100 Samsung TL350 Canon PowerShot G1 X Samsung NX100 +6 more
Pentax Q7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
MikeSul
Forum MemberPosts: 93Gear list
Like?
Re: Q7 + FA135
In reply to fotoword, 4 months ago

Here is your photo after a couple of seconds processing in Lightroom. I removed the chromatic fringe and adjusted the WB plus added a bit of clarity. More could be done with RAW and more time. I hope it is to your taste

Mike S

MikeSul's gear list:MikeSul's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Pentax K-3
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
drummercam
Contributing MemberPosts: 546Gear list
Like?
In reply to MikeSul, 4 months ago

The purple is gone, but the fringe area is still visible, which is my experience also with the FA 135mm -- it simply has massive fringing.  Nice job correcting it, though, and a pretty good pelican shot to start with.

drummercam's gear list:drummercam's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR
fotoword
Like?
In reply to drummercam, 4 months ago

drummercam wrote:

The purple is gone, but the fringe area is still visible, which is my experience also with the FA 135mm -- it simply has massive fringing. Nice job correcting it, though, and a pretty good pelican shot to start with.

Hi Drummercam,

Thanks for the reply and the compliment.  I would have to agree about the pf on that lens but I do like the way it renders the image otherwise.

Regards,

Paul

Pentax Optio A20 Ricoh Caplio GX100 Samsung TL350 Canon PowerShot G1 X Samsung NX100 +6 more
fotoword
Like?
In reply to MikeSul, 4 months ago

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply and the effort you put into correcting the pf.

I think the same can be achieved in Capture One Pro 7 but it seems you have to do more work.

The quick fix is to select the Chrome Ab and Purple Fringing check-boxes (but the pf check didn't really seem to do much). I then tried the colour pallet and selected the purple area and unsaturated it. Unfortunately it also seemed to remove colour from other parts of the image.  I guess LR seems to be more advanced in that area.

To be honest I liked the original colour better, I just felt it suited the subject, but that's just my personal taste. I guess your white balance adjustment gave it a more natural look.

Again, thaniks for the effort.  Appreciated.

Regards,

Paul

MikeSul wrote:

Here is your photo after a couple of seconds processing in Lightroom. I removed the chromatic fringe and adjusted the WB plus added a bit of clarity. More could be done with RAW and more time. I hope it is to your taste

Mike S

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads