Canon EOS EF Lens to SONY NEX E Mount Adapter

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
FastUno
Forum MemberPosts: 81
Like?
Canon EOS EF Lens to SONY NEX E Mount Adapter
3 months ago

What do you guys think of this adapter, any good?

I want to add a Canon 100mm Macro lens to a Sony A6000.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270947685922&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
HaroldC3
Senior MemberPosts: 1,110Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon EOS EF Lens to SONY NEX E Mount Adapter
In reply to FastUno, 3 months ago

As long as you don't care about AF, because that adapter does not have electronic contacts.

HaroldC3's gear list:HaroldC3's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Grassfed
Forum MemberPosts: 57Gear list
Like?
In reply to HaroldC3, 3 months ago

HaroldC3 wrote:

As long as you don't care about AF, because that adapter does not have electronic contacts.

Or aperture, which would probably be the bigger issue if he planned to use that lens for macro pics.

Grassfed's gear list:Grassfed's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Canon EOS 60D Sony a6000 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +9 more
FastUno
Like?

When doing this specific macro photography I always set the f=8.o or 11.0, shutter speed to 1/125 & I always set the ISO to auto and always flash on.

Will I be able to at least put cam in M (full manual), fix f=8.0, 1/124, & have AUTO ISO with manual focus?

JeffGo
Contributing MemberPosts: 658Gear list
Like?

FastUno wrote:

When doing this specific macro photography I always set the f=8.o or 11.0, shutter speed to 1/125 & I always set the ISO to auto and always flash on.

Will I be able to at least put cam in M (full manual), fix f=8.0, 1/124, & have AUTO ISO with manual focus?

You need an adapter with electronic coupling to control the aperture and IS on EF lenses, not just AF (which is slow). I haven't tried a cheap adapter with a manual diaphragm so I don't know if that solves your problem. Setting an aperture on the cheap adapter, using M + fixed shutter speed + Auto ISO should work OK.

JeffGo's gear list:JeffGo's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS20 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Voigtlander 28mm F2 Ultron Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +8 more
FastUno
Like?

OK, it sounds like it will do what I want it to do & it saves me from buying a used Canon 60D to use with my Canon 100mm 2.8 macro lens that I have & LOVE!!!!

I wish Sony had an equivalent lens at the similar price range.

Thanks.

Once I get it, I will post my review & comments.

Grassfed
Like?

FastUno wrote:

Does your lens have an aperture ring?  If not, you'll still need a canon body to set your aperture to 8 before you take it off the body so that the aperture stays at 8.

Sony Alpha NEX-5 Canon EOS 60D Sony a6000 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +9 more
HaroldC3
Like?
In reply to Grassfed, 3 months ago

Grassfed wrote:

HaroldC3 wrote:

Or aperture, which would probably be the bigger issue if he planned to use that lens for macro pics.

Except it has an aperture ring/iris built into the adapter.

Canon EOS M Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
HaroldC3
Like?

You could always get a Canon FD 50mm f1.4 lens and FD->Nex Adapter and then a Vivitar 2x/macro teleconverter. It's both a 2x teleconverter and 1:1 macro converter in one.

Total for all of this would be $150.

Here's a post a made a while ago about it.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53600871

Grassfed
Like?
In reply to HaroldC3, 3 months ago

HaroldC3 wrote:

Grassfed wrote:

HaroldC3 wrote:

Except it has an aperture ring/iris built into the adapter.

Yep, you're right. My bad.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads